Honors and Awards
- • Highly Cited Author in Agricultural Sciences, ISI Thomson Scientific, Philadelphia
- • Food Chemicals Codex, National Academies Committee Member, 2005-2006
- • Award for the Advancement of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Agricultural and Food Chemistry Division, American Chemical Society, USA, 2006
- • Research and Development Award, Institute of Food Technologists, USA, 2007
- • Fergus M. Clydesdale Professor of Food Science. Endowed Chair, 2007-2012
- • Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Research and Creative Activity. University of Massachusetts, Amherst Faculty Convocation, USA, 2008
- • Marcel Loncin Research Prize ($50,000). for Basic Research in Foods, Institute of Food Technologists, USA, 2010
- • Stephen S. Chang Award. Outstanding accomplishments in lipid research, American Oil Chemists Society, USA, 2010
- • American Chemical Society Fellow, 2016
- • Highly Cited Researchers, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- • American Oil Chemistry Society Scientific Award, 2016
- FdSci 581: Analysis of Food Product
- FdSci 761: Physical Phenomena in Foods
- FdSci797: Graduate Seminar
- FdSci 797B: Food Colloids
Chenoweth Laboratory Room 238
100 Holdsworth Way
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst MA, 01003
Structured Food Delivery Systems (2)
Lipid digestion, emulsions, confocal microscopy, emulsifier type, in vitro digestion model (1)
No Subject Area (181)
Modulation of Bulk Physicochemical Properties of Emulsions by Hetero-Aggregation of ...
Food Hydrocolloids (2011)
This manuscript describes the formation, stability, and properties of colloidal dispersions formed by hetero-aggregation of oppositely charged lipid droplets. Micro-clusters ...
Biopolymer Nanoparticles from Heat-Treated Electrostatic Protein-Polysaccharide Complexes: Factors Affecting Particle ...
Journal of Food Science (2010)
Biopolymer nanoparticles can be formed by heating globular protein–ionic polysaccharide electrostatic complexes above the thermal denaturation temperature of the protein. ...
Simultaneous Determination of Four 5-Hydroxy Polymethoxyflavones by Reversed-Phase High Performance ...
Journal of Chromatography A (2010)
Accumulating evidence has suggested the potential health-promoting effects of 5-hydroxy polymethoxyflavones (5-OH-PMFs) naturally existing in citrus genus. However, research efforts ...
Comparison of Protein-Polysaccharide Nanoparticle Fabrication Methods: Impact of Biopolymer Complexation ...
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2010)
The nature of protein-polysaccharide nanoparticles prepared using two fabrication methods was compared: Type 1 particles were formed by creating beta-lactoglobulin ...