Honors and Awards
- 2014 The Lynn Rhodes Faculty Service Award, SEHD, CU Denver
- 2014 Faculty Appreciation Award, Chi Sigma Iota-Beta Alpha Omega, CU Denver.
- 2013 Service Recognition Award, Faculty Assembly, CU Denver.
- 2010 Faculty Ally of the Year, Auraria LGBT Student Center, Auraria Tri-Institution Campus, Denver, CO.
- 2007 Counselors for Social Justice O’Hana Award, Annual American Counseling Association Convention, Detroit, MI.
- 2001 Service Award nomination, Division of Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education, University of Colorado-Denver
- 1996 International Outstanding Doctoral Student Award, Chi Sigma Iota International Honor Society
- 1996 Outstanding Doctoral Level Student, Chi Sigma Iota, Beta Chapter
- 1992 Graduate Minority Fellowship, University of Florida, 3-year fellow
- 1992 Outstanding Entry Level Student, Chi Sigma Iota, Beta Chapter
- 1991 Minority Graduate Student Scholarship, The Graduate School, University of Florida
- 1988 Athletic Association Non-competitive Scholarship, University of Florida
- 1984 Coca Cola Hispanic Student Scholarship (2 years)
- Advanced Assessment: Family Systems
- Multicultural Counseling
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Counseling Children, Adolescents, and their Parents
- Techniques of Family Therapy
- Marriage Counseling
- Practicum in Counseling
- Internship in Counseling
- Interpersonal Communications
- Intercultural Communications
- Student Life
|1997||Ph.D., University of Florida ‐ Marriage and Family Counseling|
|1992||M.Ed. & Ed.S., University of Florida ‐ Agency, Correctional, & Developmental Counseling/ Marriage & Family Counseling|
|1988||B.S., University of Florida ‐ Psychology|
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
P.O. BOX 173364, CAMPUS BOX 106
DENVER, CO 80217-3364
Multicultural Training Applied in Clinical Practice: Reflections From a Euro-American ...
Counseling Faculty Publications (2009)
The clinical experience of a Euro-American female counselor-in-training providing bilingual family therapy services to Mexican immigrants is described. Cultural themes ...