|2015 ‐ Present||Fellow, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University|
|2010 ‐ Present||Associate Professor, School of Health and Kinesiology, College of Health and Human Sciences, Georgia Southern University ‐ Department of Health & Kinesiology|
|Present||Marketing Contact, Georgia Southern University|
Honors and Awards
- Top 15 best college professor in Georgia, Onlinecolleges.com (2015)
- Affordable Learning Georgia Textbook Transformation Award (2014)
- Board of Regents SoTL award winner (2014)
- Nominated for Wells Warren Professor of the Year award, top 5 finalists (2013)
- Nominated for Board of Regents SoTL Award (Spring 2012/2014)
- GSU SoTL Award (Spring 2012)
- College of Health and Human Sciences Award for Excellence in Teaching (2008-2009)
- Faculty of the Month, GSU Center for Excellence in Teaching, Featured Faculty (July 2007)
- Support for Community Outreach and University Teaching Fellowship, Fall 2002. Support for Community Outreach and University Teaching Fellowship, (Fall/Spring 2002)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Lab I and II (KINS 2511 & KINS 2512)
- General Medical and Pharmacological Issues in Athletic Training (KINS 4334)
- Introduction to the Human Body and Zombie Epidemic Solutions (FYE 1220)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Lecture I and II (KINS 2531 & KINS 2532)
PO Box 8076
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-5456
Office: Hollis 1103A
Exploration of Student Perceptions, Behaviors and Academic Performance in Construction ...
International Journal of Construction Education and Research (2015)
To improve student success, instructors need to understand how students feel about their own learning and how much responsibility the ...
Students’ Academic Motivations in Three Disciplines
Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2013)
Academic Performance; Self-determination theory; Academic Motivation Scale Abstract: Students’ intrinsic and extrinsic motivations for taking classes in three disciplines, human ...
A Comparison of Student Academic Motivations across Three Course Disciplines
Journal of Scholarship on Teaching & Learning (2013)
Intrinsic and extrinsic motivations of undergraduate students enrolled in human anatomy and physiology, physics, and nutrition courses were explored with ...
Peer-Reviewed Conference Proceedings (2)
Peer-Reviewed Presentations (53)
Motivation Studies Utilizing Self Determination Theory in Chemistry and Allied ...
Georgia Southern University Research Symposium (2015)
Self Determination Theory (SDT) addresses three psychological needs in humans, namely autonomy, defined by behaviors that are volitional and self-endorsed; ...
Reflecting on the Value of the Scholarship of Teaching and ...
Presentation at the USG Teaching and Learning Conference: Best Practices for Promoting Engaged Student Learning (2015)
Boyer (1990) redefined scholarship by introducing the concept of Scholarship of Teaching and elevating the traditional role of teaching from ...