|1984 - Present||Professor, University of Dayton ‐ Department of Religious Studies|
Honors and Awards
- Second Place Winner, Catholic Press Association Book Award, Educational Books Category, 1993, for The Church Emerging from Vatican II.
- Second Place Winner, Catholic Press Association Book Review Essay Award for "Traffic Jam on the Spiritual Superhighway" in Commonweal.
- College Theology Society Article Award for Best Article of 1997 for "Journet, Congar, and the Roots of Communion Ecclesiology," which appeared in Theological Studies, (Sept. 1997).
- Wrote lead book essay review for a book review section in Church (Summer 1997) that won a first prize Catholic Press Association Award.
- Award, Special Service Award, College Theology Society, presented upon completion of 11 years as national Chair of Research and Publications.
|1984||PhD, The Catholic University of America ‐ Religious Studies|
|1980||MA, The Catholic University of America ‐ Religious Studies|
|1978||MA, Ohio University ‐ English|
|1974||BA, LaSalle University ‐ English|
Book chapters (3)
Contribution to Book
Gerard Mannion’s Ecclesiology and Postmodernity: 'Exclusivism' and 'Neo-Exclusivism'
Ecclesiology and Exclusion: Boundaries of Being and Belonging in Postmodern Times (2012)
Essay begins with a brief description of Gerard Mannion’s 2007 book Ecclesiology and Postmodernity: Questions for the Church in Our ...
Contribution to Book
Wesley’s Methodist Movement: What Might It Have to Offer ...
via media philosophy: Holiness Unto Truth; Intersections between Wesleyan and Roman Catholic Voices (2009)
What might the 18th century English Methodism connected with John Wesley might have to offer contemporary Roman Catholics? What is ...
Jesus Founding the Church: A Perspective Drawing upon Loewe and ...
Finding salvation in Christ: Essays on Christology and Soteriology in Honor of William P. Loewe (2011)
William Loewe, who directed my dissertation over twenty-five years ago, has influenced my own work deeply. My dissertation compared the ...