Honors and Awards
- University System of Georgia Board of Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award (2013-2014)
- Georgia Southern University Award for Excellence in Contributions to Instruction (2011-2012)
- Allen E. Paulson College of Science and Technology Award of Excellence in Teaching (2009-2010)
- Governor’s Teaching Fellow (2009-2010)
- Conversations with Professors (FYE 1000)
- University Orientation (GSU 1210)
- Physics Lab I (PHYS 1113)
- Physics Lab II (PHYS 1114)
- Introduction to Physics I (Trigonometry-Based Mechanics) (PHYS 1111)
- Introduction to Physics II (Trigonometry-Based Electricity and Magnetism) (PHYS 1112)
- Principles of Physics I (Calculus-Based Mechanics) (PHYS 2211)
- Principles of Physics II (Calculus-Based Electricity and Magnetism) (PHYS 2212)
- Modern Physics I (PHYS 3536)
- Modern Physics II (PHYS 3537)
- Thermal Physics (PHYS 5530)
- Studies in Physics for Secondary Teachers (PHYS 5536G)
- Standard Based Science for High School Teachers (ESED 7090)
PO Box 8031
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-7354
Office: 2026, Math and Physics Building
Journal Articles (5)
Students’ Academic Motivations in Three Disciplines
Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2013)
Academic Performance; Self-determination theory; Academic Motivation Scale Abstract: Students’ intrinsic and extrinsic motivations for taking classes in three disciplines, human ...
Restructuring Introductory Physics by Adapting an Active Learning Studio Model
International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2010)
Despite efforts to engage students in the traditional lecture environment, faculty in Georgia Southern University’s Physics Department became dissatisfied with ...
Book Review: Helping Students Learn in a Learner-Centered Environment by ...
International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2009)
Excerpt: According to Terry Doyle in his book Helping Students Learn in a Learner-Centered Environment, “Most important, this book has ...