|Present||Associate Dean and Director of Human Sciences, Iowa State University ‐ Extension and Outreach|
The transformative process of informal educational networks to increase capacity, relevancy, and impact for the 21st century, Adaptive living for people with aging-related limitations or disabilities and their families, with an emphasis on supporting functional abilities through access to services and technology, and The effects of human-canine interactions on mutual health and well-being
Honors and Awards
- Visionary Leadership Recognition, (2015). Epsilon Sigma Phi, Alpha Mu, Iowa Chapter, and North Central Region, for “Extension professionals whose significant accomplishments have resulted in leading Extension forward in new directions….enabled Extension to anticipate a significant new opportunity and developed support to implement program organizational changes necessary to achieve success.”
- Nominated, ISU Award for Early Achievement in Departmental Leadership, (2015).
- Nominated, Emerging Administrator Award, (2014). Board on Human Sciences, Inc.
- Faculty Extension Excellence Award, (2012). College of Human Ecology, Kansas State University, for the Assistive Technology Program, $2500.
- Faculty Development Award, (2011). Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Kansas State University, for Educators, Aging, and Transformation: Implications for the Cooperative Extension Service in the United States of America, 14th Annual International Conference on Education, Athens, Greece, $1000.
- Epsilon Sigma Phi, Alpha Rho Chapter Travel Study Grant, (2011), for Educators, Aging, and Transformation: Implications for the Cooperative Extension Service in the United States of America, 14th Annual International Conference on Education, Athens, Greece, $250.
- Katey Walker Extension Development Fund Award, (2011). Kansas State University, College of Human Ecology, for Natural Disasters…What about the Animals? Fall 2011 Human-Animal Bond Conference, $200.
- Team Award, (2009). K-State Research and Extension, for the Adult Development & Aging Program Focus Team.
- Distinguished Team Award, (2009). Epsilon Sigma Phi, Alpha Rho, Kansas Chapter, for the Adult Development & Aging Program Focus Team/K-State Research and Extension.
- Katey Walker Extension Development Fund Award, with Jane Mertz Garcia, (2008). Kansas State University, College of Human Ecology, for the Interactive Resource Directory for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury, $375.
- Horizon Award, (2008). Epsilon Sigma Phi, Alpha Rho, Kansas Chapter, for early career professionals showing noteworthy enthusiasm, performance and accomplishment.
- Big 12 Fellowship Program, (2008). Office of the Provost, Kansas State University, for Healthy Caregiving. $2278.
- Elected as a Representative (2007) for the eXtension National Launch, Ag Outlook Forum, in Washington, D.C. in February 2008 by the eXtension National Family Caregiving Community of Practice.
- Faculty Travel Award, (2005), for the Department of Human Development and Family Sciences, Oregon State University-Corvallis.
- Efficiency Departmental Award, (2004). National HealthCare Corp., KS/MO Region.
- Innovative Programming Departmental Award, (2004). National HealthCare Corp., KS/MO Region.
- Selected for the Canine Companions for Independence® national calendar as a therapy team that best represents the philosophy and mission of the organization (2003).
- Community Awareness & Public Relations Award (2001). State of Kansas Chapter of the National Association for Retarded Citizens, for advocacy efforts.
- Voted one of Manhattan, Kansas’ most admired people by The Manhattan Mercury for representing the ideals of the community (2001).
2302 Osborn Dr
Ames, IA 50011-1078