|2015 - Present||Affiliate, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|2015 - Present||Limited term Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Science and Mathematics, College of|
|Present||Limited Term Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of|
Interdisciplinary STEM, Rural education, Metal corrosion detection, Photochemistry and photophysics, Analytical chemistry, Biophysical chemistry, Steady state and time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy, Fluorescence microscopy, Fluorescence sensing, Polymer photophysics, Nanoparticle research, and Synthesis and characterization of organic-inorganic hybrid polymer nanocomposites
Honors and Awards
- Best Poster Award- Celebration of International Year of Chemistry 2011 in the Eastern Zonal Meeting of the Chemical Research Society of India organized by the Department of Chemistry, North Bengal University, Siliguri, India (July 2011)
- Best Oral Presentation Award- Celebration of International Year of Chemistry 2011 organized by the Department of Chemistry, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (March 2011)
- One of the Best Oral Presentations J. K. Mittal Award- 14th National Conference on Surfactants, Emulsions and Biocolloids (NATCOSEB XIV) held in Kashmir University, India (July 2009)
- Merit Scholarship from Suburban Educational Society, West Bengal, India for securing more than 80% in higher secondary examination (ISC-2002) (September 2012)
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India (April 2011-April 2012)
- Postdoctoral fellowship from the ONR, U.S.A. (March 2013 – July 2015)
- Nominated for FYE’s 2016 Outstanding Advocate Award for First-Year Students (March 2016)
- Principles of Chemistry I (CHEM 1145)
PO Box 8064
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-5681
Office: Chemistry & Nursing 3216C
Hyper-Efficient Quenching of Non-Conjugated Pendant Polymer by Silver Nanoparticles: A ...
Chemical Physics Letters (2012)
Hyper-efficient quenching of fluorescence of non-conjugated polymer poly(N-vinylcarbazole) by silver nanoparticles is demonstrated. The quenching efficiency increases with an increase ...
Studies of Triton X-165 - β-Cyclodextrin Interactions Using Both Extrinsic and ...
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2010)
The interaction of β-cyclodextrin with the non-ionic micelle-forming surfactant Triton X-165 (TX-165) has been studied using steady state fluorescence and ...
Dielectric Characteristics of Poly(N-Vinylcarbazole) and Its Nanocomposites with ZnO ...
Materials Chemistry and Physics (2010)
Dielectric constant and dielectric loss parameters of poly(N-vinylcarbazole) homopolymer and several nanocomposites of poly(N-vinylcarbazole) with ZnO were studied as a ...
Binding of a Cationic Phenazinium Dye in Anionic Liposomal Membrane ...
Chemistry and Physics of Lipids (2009)
Interaction of a cationic phenazinium dye, phenosafranin (PSF), with the anionic liposomal vesicle/bilayer of dimyristoyl-l-α-phosphatidylglycerol (DMPG) has been demonstrated using ...