|2016 - Present||Non-Faculty Academic Position, NBME U - Advisory Board ‐ National Board of Medical Examiners|
|2014 - Present||Faculty Member, Journal of Graduate Medical Education ‐ Deputy Editor|
|2014 - Present||Non-Academic Position, Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers ‐ Member, Board of Directors|
|December 2012 - Present||Medical Education Program Director, Advocate Aurora Health|
Honors and Awards
- April 2016 Innovation Award - Aurora Health Care - Team Member from the Alliance for Independent Academic Medical Center.
- Nov 2007 Merrel Flair Award in Medical Education from the AAMC Group on Educational Affairs
- May 2005 McCann Faculty Scholar - 1 of 4 faculty selected from nursing, science, and medicine for outstanding mentoring by the Joy McCann Foundation
- May 2001 Medical College of Wisconsin Distinguished Service Award Recipient [One of three awarded per year by nomination of faculty and selection of the Dean. First woman faculty member to receive award in MCW history]
- April 1999 Education Laureate - AAMC Central Group on Educational Affairs
Community Health, Advocacy, and Managing Populations (CHAMP) Longitudinal Residency Education ...
Journal of Patient-Centered Research and Reviews (2018)
Purpose: Longitudinal education initiatives designed to prepare residents to address health disparities and social determinants of health (SDH) are needed. ...
Identifying and Targeting Age-Related Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Disparities in ...
Journal of Patient-Centered Research and Reviews (2017)
Background: Health care systems continuously seek to improve patient care through population-level analysis of clinical quality metrics and patient characteristics ...
Students' critical incidents point the way to safer patient care ...
WMJ : official publication of the State Medical Society of Wisconsin (2016)
INTRODUCTION: Patient care transitions are prevalent in health care, and faulty transition-related communications are associated with 80% of serious medical ...
White coat ceremony as a professional identity formation activity in ...
Journal of Medical Education and Curricular Development (2016)
Introduction: White coat ceremonies (WCCs) in medical school mark the transition of students to medicine, beginning their professional identity formation ...