|Present||Chancellor's Professor, Materials Science, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering|
|Present||Director, Superpave Training, Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT)|
Honors and Awards
- Faculty Teaching Award, Missouri S&T, (2011)
- Chi Omega Outstanding Professor Award, (2011)
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Missouri S&T, (1987, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012)
- Dean of Engineering Teaching Excellence Award, (2005, 2006)
- Outstanding Freshmen Student Advisor Award, Missouri S&T, (2005-2006)
- Freshmen Engineering Outstanding Advising Award, (2006)
- Bernard R. Sarchet Outstanding Faculty Award, (2004)
- ACI Missouri Chapter Concrete Person of the Year, (2003)
- Academy of Civil Engineers Faculty Achievement Award, Missouri S&T, (1995)
- ASCE Best Practice-Oriented Paper, Materials Division, (1993)
- ASEE New Engineering Educator Award, (1988)
- Construction Materials Properties and Testing
- Bituminous Materials
- Properties of Concrete
- Asphalt Pavement Design
- Concrete Pavement Design
- Advanced Properties of Concrete
- Advanced Construction Materials
- Advanced Construction Materials Testing
- Foundation Engineering
- Intermediate Foundation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
|1984||Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical), University of Missouri - Rolla|
|1973||M.S. in Civil Engineering (Environmental), University of Missouri - Rolla ‐ Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering|
|1971||B.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Missouri - Rolla ‐ Civil Engineering|
Missouri University of Science and Technology
126 Butler-Carlton Hall
1401 N. Pine St.
Rolla, MO 65409
Concrete Production Plant Variables Affecting Flexural Strength Relative to Compressive ...
Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (2014)
Some project specifications allow the substitution of compressive strength for flexural strength testing for the quality control of projects in ...
MoDOT Pavement Preservation Research Program
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Faculty Research & Creative Works (2014)
The following report documents a research project on pavement preservation performed by the Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri ...
Aggregate Shape Characterization Using Digital Image Processing
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Faculty Research & Creative Works (2013)
Aggregates must meet certain specifications to be acceptable in asphalt and concrete applications. Among these are specifications that deal with ...
Resilient Moduli of Granular Base Materials Using a Modified Type ...
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Faculty Research & Creative Works (2009)
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) in collaboration with the Missouri Limestone Producers Association (MLPA) was interested in determining what ...
Determination of Creep Compliance and Tensile Strength of Hot-Mix Asphalt ...
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Faculty Research & Creative Works (2008)
Creep compliance and indirect tensile (IDT) strength of hot-mix asphalt (HMA) are the two primary inputs to the low-temperature or ...
Calibration of the CoreLok Method for Determination of Missouri Aggregate ...
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Faculty Research & Creative Works (2006)
Specific gravity and absorption are fundamental aggregate properties needed for hot-mix asphalt (HMA) and Portland cement concrete (PCC) mix design ...
Part 2: Evaluation of Subgrade Resilient Modulus: Resilient Modulus Estimation ...
Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board (2006)
A software tool was developed to estimate the resilient modulus of fine-grained subgrade soils. The subgrade resilient modulus is a ...
AASHTO Drainage Coefficients for Flexible Pavements
Transportation Research Record No. 1778, Design and Rehabilitation of Pavements 2001 (2001)
A method for determining American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) drainage (m) coefficients for flexible pavements is ...