About David P Oakley
David Oakley is an Instructor, Department of War and Conflict Studies (WACS), College of International Security Affairs (CISA) of the National Defense University (NDU) in Washington, D.C. He was commissioned a field artillery officer through the Pittsburg State University Army Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1998. Since 2007, Dave has served as a FA59 (Strategist) with assignments at U.S Army North/Fifth Army-Fort Sam Houston, TX and with 1st Infantry Division at Fort Riley, KS and in Iraq. Prior to returning to active duty in 2007, Dave served as a Staff Operations Officer in the Central Intelligence Agency and as a contractor within the National Counterterrorism Center’s Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning. From 1999-2005, he served as a field artillery officer in South Korea and Fort Sill, OK.
- Ph.D., Kansas State University: Security Studies (2016)
- M.M.A.S., School of Advanced Military Studies: Theater Operations (2013)
- M.M.A.S., Command and General Staff College: Conflict and Security Studies (2012)
- M.P.A., University of Oklahoma: Public Administration (2005)
- BA., Pittsburg State University: Political Science (1998)
Professional Memberships include; Term Member Council on Foreign Relations and the International Institute for Strategic Studies.