|2015 - Present||Provost and Academic Vice President, Salem State University ‐ Academic Affairs|
|2013 - 2015||Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, University of Texas at Arlington|
|2007 - 2013||Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, University of Texas at Arlington|
|2015 - 2015||Vision Project Summer Convening Grant|
|Massachusetts Department of Higher Education|
|2012 - 2012||Korean Studies Grant 2012 (Workshop and Conference Support), AKS-2012-C-06|
|Academy of Korean Studies, Seoul, Korea|
|2009 - 2011||2009-2011 Category A Summer Bridge and Transition Program|
|Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2010 - 2012||South Central Regional Representative, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi||2010 - 2012||President, The International Circle of Korean Linguistics|
Honors and Awards
- Finalist, 2010 Phi Kappa Phi Scholar Award
- Fellow Society for Applied Anthropology
- Founding Fellow, The University of Texas System Academy of Distinguished Teachers Treasurer (2014-2015)
- Winner, Alicia Wilkerson Smotherman Award College of Liberal Arts, UT Arlington
- Winner, Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award The University of Texas System
- Recognized Professor The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, Chapter 300, UT Arlington
|1992||Ph.D., Cornell University ‐ Linguistics|
|1989||M.A., Cornell University ‐ Linguistics|
|1986||A.B, Harvard University ‐ Linguistics|
Missionary Contributions Toward the Revaluation of Hangeul in Late Nineteenth-Century ...
International Journal of the Sociology of Language (2008)
Soon after their arrival to Korea, Christian missionaries were confronted by decisions regarding how they would present written materials to ...
Book Chapters (3)
Contribution to Book
Preface to Inquiries into Korean Linguistics V: Selected Works from ...
Inquiries into Korean Linguistics V: Selected Works from the Eighteenth International Conference on Korean Linguistics (ICKL 18) and the Xuzhou Conference on Linguistic Sciences (2012)
In considering what I might convey in the preface to this volume, the fifth in the Inquiries into Korean Linguistics ...