|Present||Assistant Professor, Portland State University ‐ Theatre & Film|
|June 2012 ‐ August 2016||Sessional Instructor, OCAD University ‐ Liberal Arts & Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- 2016 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Connection Grant
- 2013 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Doctoral Fellowship
- 2013 Canada Council for the Arts Travel Grants to Media Arts Professionals
- 2012 Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- 2011 Ryerson International Research Support Fund
- 2010 Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- 2010 Rogers Fellowship Fund
- 2007 Distinction - Goldsmiths, University of London
- 2004 Moffat Kinoshita Architects Prize
- 2001 JDS Uniphase Scholarship
|2015||PhD, Ryerson University ‐ Communication and Culture|
|2007||MA, Goldsmiths, University of London|
|2006||BA, McMaster University|
Recent Works (6)
Expressive Cartography, Boundary Objects, and the Aesthetics of Public Visualization
Theater + Film Faculty Publications and Presentations (2016)
Aesthetic visualization projects that incorporate users, community stakeholders, multiple modalities and technologies necessarily emphasize the way that an artistic visualization ...
An Expanded Perceptual Laboratory: Public Art and the Cinematic Techniques ...
Theater + Film Faculty Publications and Presentations (2015)
The use of the moving image in public space extends the techniques of cinema— namely superimposition, montage and apparatus/dispositif—threatening either ...
Contribution to Book
The Empire State Building and the Roles of Low-Resolution Media ...
Proceedings of the 2nd Media Architecture Biennale Conference: World Cities (2014)
Media façades and reactive architecture are playing an increasingly important role in media circulation and the experience of the city. ...
Research Works (6)
Public Data Visualization: Dramatizing Architecture and Making Data Visible
Theater + Film Faculty Publications and Presentations (2011)
In this paper, we explore emerging modes of digitally-mediated participation in urban space that engage bodily and architectural relationships with ...