Honors and Awards
- The John Saltmarsh Award for Emerging Leaders in Civic Engagement, American Democracy Project, June 2017.
- Douglas Greenlee Prize, Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy, March 2017.
- Early Career Scholar Award, Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence, Grand Valley State University, February 2017.
- Sustainability Champion Award, Grand Valley State University Office of Sustainability Practices, April 2016.
- John Lachs Award, Committee on Public Philosophy, Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy, March 2016.
- Sustainability Champion Award, Grand Valley State University Office of Sustainability Practices, April 2015.
- The Jane Addams Prize, Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy, 2014.
|2008 ‐ 2014||PhD, Michigan State University ‐ Philosophy|
|2004 ‐ 2006||MA, University of Toledo ‐ Philosophy|
|2000 ‐ 2004||BS, Grand Valley State University ‐ Liberal Studies|
318 Lake Ontario Hall
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Dr.
Allendale, MI 49401
Contributions to Books (1)
Featured Works (2)
Research Works (2)
Shifting Engagement Efforts Through Disciplinary Departments: A Mistake or a ...
Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement (2017)
This article documents the innovative practices and initial outcomesfrom the Grand Rapids Engaged Department Initiative,a cross-institutional collaboration designed in response ...
Community Building in the Classroom: Teaching Democratic Thinking through Practicing ...
Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement (2015)
Key to teaching democratic thinking is actively engaging in the practice; and this, the article contends, is best facilitated by ...
Dewey Addams, and Beyond: A Context-Sensitive, Dialogue-Driven, Action-Based Pedagogy for ...
Contemporary Pragmatism (2015)
Traditional, theoretical pedagogical practices based in disciplinary expertise generally fail to prepare students for high-stakes, public problems. In contrast, “Wicked ...