|Present||Coordinator, Master’s in Education (Indiana and Monroeville), Indiana University of Pennsylvania ‐ Professional Studies in Education|
Honors and Awards
- Reflective Practice Teaching Circle Mini-Grant Awarded to Fu, Y and Machado, C., Technology to Support Interdisciplinary and International Collaborations, Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) IUP, $500, 2016.
- Merit Award for Research and Scholarship, IUP, Spring 2012, 2013, 2016.
- Reflective Practice Active-Plus Awards: Center for Teaching Excellence, IUP, Spring 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Pedagogical Research Award, Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) IUP, $500, April 23, 2015.
- Creating a Climate of Peer-Mentoring, Exploration, and Scholarship at IUP, IUP’s President’s Cabinet, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, $5000, April 22, 2015.
- Reflective Practice Teaching Circle Mini-Grant Awarded to Six Faculty, Teaching with Mobile Devices: Cross-Disciplinary Exploration at IUP, IUP, for purchase of software/hardware, $330.87, 2014.
- Editor’s Choice Award, 2014 for outstanding performance as reviewer, Awarded by the Journal of International Students, Arkansas State University.
- APSCUF Grant to Support IUP’s BLEND New Faculty Mentoring Program, IUP, $4,900, Spring 2014.
- Reflective Practice Teaching Circle Mini-Grant Awarded to Four Faculty, Using Tablet Technology for Teaching and Learning at IUP, IUP, for Travel to buy Applications, $200, October, 2013.
- IUP Centers and Institutes Award for BLEND Faculty Mentoring Project, Application Coauthored with Veronica Watson, IUP, $1000, Spring 2013.
|2008||Ed.D.,, Arkansas State University ‐ Educational Leadership|
|1998||M.Ed., Notre Dame Institute of Education/Australian Catholic University ‐ Primary Education|
|1997||M.Ed., Karachi University ‐ School Administration|
|1993||B.Ed., Karachi University ‐ Education|
|1990||B.Com., Government College of Commerce and Economics ‐ Business|
Peer Reviewed Journals (7)
Meeting the needs of Chinese English language learners at writing ...
Journal of International Students (2015)
This paper describes the ways in which Writing Centers (WC) currently serve English Language Learners (ELL) at American universities. The authors argue that the pedagogy offered at ...
ISLLC/ELCC Standards Implementation: Do Educational Administration Faculty Practice What ...
International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation (2012)
Both the 1996 Interstate School Leadership Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards and the 2002 Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards, adopted ...
Peer-Reviewed Handbooks, Book Chapters and Books (5)
Making Effective Presentations at Professional Conferences: A Guide for Teachers ...
"This work prepares teachers, college students, and higher education faculty to conduct various types of presentations, including workshops and teacher inservice trainings; poster sessions; panel ...
Contribution to Book
The American educational experiences in a predominantly white community: Perspectives ...
Theory to practice : fostering diverse and inclusive campus environments (2015)
"Lead editor Judith Aiken along with co-editors Lacretia Johnson Flash, Wanda Heading Grant, and Fayneese Miller assembled the research of ...