Honors and Awards
- Research Grant Award by Committee on Aid to Faculty Research ($2,750), 2013/2014
- Research Grant Award by Committee on Aid to Faculty Research ($7,000), 2012/2013
- Rhode Island Campus Compact Presidential Faculty Fellow, 2011-2012
- Mary Cary Reflective Learner Award, School of Education, University of California, Davis, 2009-2010
- Certificate of Recognition-Teacher of the Year Nomination 2008, Sacramento City Unified School District, 2008
- Donorschoose.Org School Funding, 2008
- Teacher Education Fellow, School of Education, University of California, Davis, 2007
- Education Measurement (EDU 401 & 401L), Providence College, Fall 2010-
- Urban Education (EDU 471), Providence College, Fall 2010-
- Teaching Science in Secondary School (EDU 412 &412L), Providence College, Fall 2010-
- Student Teaching (EDU 450), Providence College, Spring 2011-
- Teaching Kids with special needs (EDU 303L), Providence College, Spring 2012
Secondary Education Program
Providence, RI 02918
Science Education (2)
Science Teachers' Voices: Elicitation Practices and Insight on Formative Assessment. (2014)
Eliciting students’ knowledge is an important first step in formative assessment that enhances students’ learning. Therefore, knowledge on teachers' elicitation practice can inform their formative assessment practice. This book is on secondary school science teachers’ ...
Mechanisms of Resistance to Bispyribac-Sodium in an Echinochloa phyllopogon Accession Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology (2000)
Weeds are a major problem for rice production in California, and late watergrass (Echinochloa phyllopogon (Stapf) Koss) is one of the most serious weeds in water-seeded rice. Severe infestations can reduce yields by more than ...
Herbicide-Resistant Echinochloa oryzoides and E. phyllopogon in California Oryza sativa Fields Weed Science (2000)
Echinochloa oryzoides and E. phyllopogon have become the most serious weeds in California Oryza sativa since continuous flooding was used to suppress E. crus-galli. Continuous use of a limited number of available graminicides and an ...
Annual Weed Control by Glyphosate in Glyphosate-Resistant Soybean (Glycine max) Weed Technology (1999)
Control of natural infestations of common lambsquarters and giant foxtail in 1993, 1994, and 1995 and of velvetleaf in 1994 and 1995 by postemergence application of glyphosate to glyphosate-resistant soybean planted in narrow (20 cm) ...
Spring-Planted Winter Rye (Secale cereale) as a Living Mulch to Control Weeds in Soybean (Glycine max) Weed Technology (1996)
The effects of rye planting time, rye seeding rate, and rye/weed management systems on weed control and soybean yield were determined in field experiments near Arlington, WI from 1992 to 1994. Insufficient precipitation in 1992 ...