|August 2014 - Present||Associate Professor, Sacred Heart University ‐ Speech Language Pathology|
Honors and Awards
- ASHA Award for Continuing Education (ACE) 2008, 2011
- Faculty Award for Scholarship Recognition - Article, 2015-2016
- Tenure Award 2017
- SLP 585 - Voice and Velopharyngeal
- SLP 508 - Clinical Practicum
- SLP 200/400 - Introduction to Communication Disorders
- SLP 300/411 - Anatomy & Physiology of Speech and Swallowing
- SLP 585 - Dysphagia
|2005||Ph.D. Speech Language Pathology, Northwestern University|
|2000||M.A. Speech Language Pathology, George Washington University - School of Medicine and Health Sciences|
|1997||B.A. Economics, Trinity College, Dublin|
Healthcare Education N278
College of Health Professions
Book Chapters (1)
The Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator and Chloride-Dependent Ion Fluxes ...
Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (2009)
Purpose Ion-driven transepithelial water fluxes participate in maintaining superficial vocal fold hydration, which is necessary for normal voice production. The ...
Publications and Presentations (1)
Popular Press (3)
CHEFA Grant Will Fund Critical Training to Evaluate Swallowing
Sacred Heart University News Story (2018)
Ciara Leydon, associate professor of speech-language pathology at Sacred Heart University, has received a $74,700 Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority ...