|Present||Director of the PKI Structural Research Laboratory, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Present||F.ASCE, Professional Certifications|
|Present||P.E., Professional Certifications|
|Present||Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Present||S.E., Professional Certifications|
Honors and Awards
- UNL Civil Engineering Faculty Recognition Award (2013)
- Honorary Fellow, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Gladstone, Australia (2011)
- ASCE Fellow (2009)
- Best Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Cold Regions Engineering (2006-2008)
- Research & Creativity Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2008)
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan, China (2007)
- Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter (2004)
- Multi-disciplinary Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2004)
- Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter (2003)
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering (1995)
- CIVE 441 – Steel Design I
- CIVE 443 – Advanced Structural Analysis
- CIVE 851 – Introduction to Finite Element Analysis
- CIVE 857 - Finite Element Modeling using ANSYS
- CIVE 948 – Blast Resistant Structural Design
Omaha NE 68182
STRUCTURAL CONCRETE MIX FOR CONSTRUCTION FOR ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE/PULSE SHIELDING
Civil and Environmental Engineering: Faculty Publications (2017)
Conductive concrete mixtures are described that are configured to provide EMP shielding and reflect and/or absorb, for instance, EM waves ...
Conductive Concrete: A Shielding Constructurion Material
Journal of Radiation Effects: Research and Engineering (2013)
Shielding against electromagnetic phenomenon is an increasingly important consideration on a global scale. Solar storms, privacy from electronic surveillance, and ...
Flexural Behavior of Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes under High-Strain Rate ...
Journal of Structural Engineering (2012)
Nine simply supported circular steel concrete-filled tubes (CFTs), two circular steel posttensioned concrete-filled tubes (PTCFTs), and one circular steel fiber–reinforced ...
Evaluation of Ice-Melting Capacities of Deicing Chemicals
Civil and Environmental Engineering: Faculty Publications (2012)
Common deicing chemicals include sodium chloride, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride, calcium magnesium acetate, potassium acetate, potassium formate, and corn or ...
Flexural strength analysis of non-post-tensioned and post-tensioned concrete-filled circular steel ...
Journal of Constructional Steel Research (2011)
Concrete-filled circular steel tubes (CFT) have recently gained significant attention for their enhanced strength and ductility over the conventional steel ...
Improving the Freight Transportation Roadway System during Snow Events: A ...
Mid-America Transportation Center: Final Reports and Technical Briefs (2011)
The ability of state DOTs to adequately clear roadways during winter weather conditions is critical for a safe and effective ...