|Present||Director of the PKI Structural Research Laboratory, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Present||F.ASCE, Professional Certifications|
|Present||P.E., Professional Certifications|
|Present||Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Present||S.E., Professional Certifications|
Honors and Awards
- UNL Civil Engineering Faculty Recognition Award (2013)
- Honorary Fellow, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Gladstone, Australia (2011)
- ASCE Fellow (2009)
- Best Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Cold Regions Engineering (2006-2008)
- Research & Creativity Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2008)
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan, China (2007)
- Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter (2004)
- Multi-disciplinary Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2004)
- Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter (2003)
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering (1995)
- CIVE 441 – Steel Design I
- CIVE 443 – Advanced Structural Analysis
- CIVE 851 – Introduction to Finite Element Analysis
- CIVE 857 - Finite Element Modeling using ANSYS
- CIVE 948 – Blast Resistant Structural Design
Omaha NE 68182
STRUCTURAL CONCRETE MIX FOR CONSTRUCTION FOR ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE/PULSE SHIELDING
Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty Publications (2017)
Conductive concrete mixtures are described that are configured to provide EMP shielding and reflect and/or absorb, for instance, EM waves ...
Conductive Concrete: A Shielding Constructurion Material
Journal of Radiation Effects: Research and Engineering (2013)
Shielding against electromagnetic phenomenon is an increasingly important consideration on a global scale. Solar storms, privacy from electronic surveillance, and ...
Flexural Behavior of Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes under High-Strain Rate ...
Journal of Structural Engineering (2012)
Nine simply supported circular steel concrete-filled tubes (CFTs), two circular steel posttensioned concrete-filled tubes (PTCFTs), and one circular steel fiber–reinforced ...
Evaluation of Ice-Melting Capacities of Deicing Chemicals
Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty Publications (2012)
Common deicing chemicals include sodium chloride, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride, calcium magnesium acetate, potassium acetate, potassium formate, and corn or ...
Flexural strength analysis of non-post-tensioned and post-tensioned concrete-filled circular steel ...
Journal of Constructional Steel Research (2011)
Concrete-filled circular steel tubes (CFT) have recently gained significant attention for their enhanced strength and ductility over the conventional steel ...
Improving the Freight Transportation Roadway System during Snow Events: A ...
Final Reports & Technical Briefs from Mid-America Transportation Center (2011)
The ability of state DOTs to adequately clear roadways during winter weather conditions is critical for a safe and effective ...