|Present||Haddix Community Chair of Science and Assistant Professor of Biology, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Courtesy Appointment, UNMC Eppley Institute|
Honors and Awards
- Invited Guest Co-Editor (with Dr. Pierluigi Porcu, Ohio State University Cancer Center) for Frontiers Oncology (Aug 2015 - Aug 2016)
- Awarded to NE STEM 4U: 2014 Outstanding Student Organization (Role: Founding member & faculty mentor)
- Awarded to NE STEM 4U: 2014 “We Are All In this Together” Award from the AMS and Allies Trust (Role: Founding member & faculty mentor)
- Elected Counselor to the Council of Undergraduate Research-Biology Division. 3 year term, 2014-2017
- Invited for Dimensions of Success (DoS) training provided by PEAR (Program in Education, After school, and Resiliency), 2013
|2012||Ph.D. in Genetics, Cell Biology, and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center|
|2008||B.S. Biology, University of Nebraska at Kearney|
Omaha, NE 68132
Journal Articles (16)
Genuine Faculty-Mentored Research Experiences for In-Service Science Teachers: Increases in ...
Journal of Science Teacher Education (2018)
The overall purpose of this multifocused study was to explore how participation in genuine mentored scientific research experiences impacts in-service ...