|2013 ‐ Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Education, College of|
|2012 ‐ Present||Affiliate, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|Present||Associate Professor (tenured) and Program Coordinator/Director of the Instructional Technology Program, Georgia Southern University|
Honors and Awards
- Jack Miller Award for Scholarship and Creative Activity (2014)
- Georgia Southern University nominee for the University System of Georgia Regents’ Teaching Excellence Awards for Online Teaching (2014)
- Best Professional Paper from the Eastern Educational Research Association (2012)
- AERA Division C, Learning & Instruction, New Faculty Mentoring Program (2010)
- National Center for Academic Transformation Redesign Scholar (2006)
- Instructional Design (ITEC 7430)
- Theories and Models of Instructional Design (ITEC 8134)
- Field Experience in Online Teaching and Learning (ITEC 8136)
- Field-based Research in Instructional Technology (8839)
- Special Topics - Visual Literacy (FRIT 7090)
- Special Topics – Games and Instructional Design (FRIT 7090)
- Selection and Development of Instructional Technologies (FRIT 7230)
- Visionary Leadership in Instructional Technology (FRIT 7232)
- Evaluation of Educational Needs and Programs (FRIT 7237)
- Web Design and Development (FRIT 7335)
- Instructional Design (FRIT 7430)
- Practicum in Instructional Technology (FRIT 7738)
- Administration of Technology Resources (FRIT 8132)
- Program Evaluations (FRIT 8435)
- Instructional Technology for Early Childhood Education (ITEC 3130)
- Instructional Technology for Special Education (ITEC 3230)
- Instructional Technology for P-12 Educators (ITEC 3430)
- Instructional Technology for Middle Grades Education (ITEC 3530)
- Research on Current Trends and Issues in Instructional Technology (ITEC 8133)
PO Box 8131
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-0497
Office: 3109 College of Education Building
Articles in Refereed Journals (24)
Teacher Self-Efficacy During the Implementation of a Problem-Based Science Curriculum
Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education (CITE) Journal (2016)
This study was conducted to investigate eighth-grade science teachers’ self-efficacy during the implementation of a new, problem-based science curriculum. The ...
One Tool: One College: Georgia Southern University's College of ...
Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (2012)
This presentation will describe the evolution of the Georgia Southern University College of Education iPad project. The goals of the ...
Preservice Teachers' Views of Instructor Presence in Online Courses
Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education (2012)
The researchers conducted this study to investigate undergraduate preservice teacher candidates' perceptions regarding variables related to instructor presence in online ...
Speech-Language Pathology Students' Self-Efficacy for Reading and Discussing Research Articles ...
International Journal of Instructional Media (2010)
Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) students' self-efficacy for discussing journal articles online and using online technologies were examined in this 15-week study. ...
Developing a Training Program for Instructional Assistants within a Large-Scale ...
International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (2007)
The Virginia Tech Math Emporium is a large-scale, computer-based learning lab supporting courses designed following the emporium model (Twigg, 2003). ...