|2014 ‐ Present||Affiliate, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University|
|2013 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor, Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Georgia Southern University ‐ Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology|
Honors and Awards
- Richard B. Lewis Award for Scholastic Achievement in Criminal Justice (2005)
- Award for Seniors in Excellence in the Department of Criminal Justice (2006)
- New Scholar Award for the Victimology Section of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (2015)
- Introduction to Criminal Justice (CRJU 1100)
- Victimology (CRJU 3531)
- Criminal Behavior (CRJU 4032)
- Inside-Out (CRJU 4639)
- Statistics for the Social Sciences (CRJU 7437)
- Quantitative Analysis (CJ 709)
- Quantitative Methods (LWP 6420)
- Criminal Justice Statistics (CRIM 3700)
- Management in Criminal Justice (0501-410)
|2009 ‐ 2012||Ph.D. in Criminology and Criminal Justice, Northeastern University ‐ School of Criminology and Criminal Justice|
|2006 ‐ 2009||M.S. in Science, Technology, and Public Policy, Rochester Institute of Technology ‐ Department of Science, Technology, and Public Policy|
|2004 ‐ 2006||B.S. in Criminal Justice, Rochester Institute of Technology ‐ Department of Criminal Justice|
|2001 ‐ 2003||Associate of Science in Environmental Studies, Finger Lakes Community College ‐ Department of Environmental Science and Conservation|
PO Box 8105
Statesboro, Ga 30460
Phone: (912) 478-7098
Office: 1064 Carroll Building
Peer Reviewed Articles (23)
Person-in-context: Insights on Contextual Variation in the Victim-Offender Overlap across ...
Journal of Interpersonal Violence (2014)
The correlation between victimization and offending (i.e., the victim–offender overlap) is one of the most documented empirical findings in delinquency ...
Victim Injury, Emotional Distress, and Satisfaction with the Police: Evidence ...
Journal of the Institute of Justice & International Studies (2013)
One central measure of legitimacy and professionalism of the criminal justice system is satisfaction with police encounters. Despite the relevance ...
Book Chapters, Encyclopedia Entries, and Reports (14)
Contribution to Book
Self-Control and Crime: Theory, Research, and Remaining Puzzles
Handbook of Self-Regulation, Second Edition: Research, Theory, and Applications (2016)
This authoritative handbook comprehensively examines the conscious and nonconscious processes by which people regulate their thoughts, emotions, attention, behavior, and ...