|Present||Associate Professor, St. Catherine University ‐ Education Department|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2020 - Present||Treasurer, Minnesota Academy of Reading||2019 - Present||Member, Education Department edTPA Committee||2013 - Present||Member, Institutional Review Board||2020 - 2021||Past-President, Faculty Senate||2019 - 2020||President, Faculty Senate||2012 - 2020||Executive Board Member, Minnesota Academy of Reading||2018 - 2019||President-Elect, Faculty Senate||2013 - 2018||Member, Faculty Senate||2016 - 2017||Co-Author, St. Catherine University Assurance Review Report||2014 - 2017||Member, Constitution & Bylaws Revision Ad-Hoc Group||2015 - 2015||Author, Education Department Board of Teaching Institutional Accreditation Report||2010 - 2012||Co-President, Minnesota Academy of Reading|
Honors and Awards
- TeachingWorks Minnesota Teacher Education Fellowship, 2019
- TeachingWorks full scholarship for the Certificate Sequence in Practice-Based Methods Instruction in Teacher Education, 2020-2021
- EDUC 6550: Best Practices with Informational Text
- EDUC 6530: Formative and Standards-Based Assessment Practices
- EDUC 6900: Literacy Coaching: Building Skillful School and District Literacy Leadership
- EDUC 3290: Methods and Materials in Kindergarten
- EDUC 6750: Introduction to Educational Research
- EDUC 6600: Pathways to Equity
- EDUC 3550: Content Area Literacy, Elementary
- EDUC 3490: Intermediate Literacy Methods
- INDI 2440: Choosing and Using Books for Children
|2010||PhD, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities ‐ Curriculum and Instruction, Literacy Education|
|2002||MA, Saint Mary's University, Winona, Minnesota ‐ Education|
|1998||BA, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa, ‐ Elementary Education, English as a Second Language|
Are You Prepared? Collaboration across Institutions on Implementing the New ...
International Literacy Association Annual Conference (2019)
This session incorporated the use of presentation, panel discussion, collaborative conversations, development of collaborative technology resources, and document study to ...
Breaking Through the Noise: Literacy Leaders in the Face of ...
Literacy Research Association Annual Conference (2018)
With evolving teacher evaluation processes, increasing testing demands, and continually emerging instructional mandates, teachers are left to balance their pedagogical ...