|Present||Dean, University of South Florida St. Petersburg|
Honors and Awards
- Digital Collections: From Projects to Pedagogy and Scholarship. Steering Committee Member & Local Project Coordinator. A collaborative $750,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grant to the Five Colleges of Ohio.
- Next Generation Library. Steering Committee Member & Local Project Coordinator. A collaborative $600,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grant to the Five Colleges of Ohio.
- Ohio Board of Regents' Technology Initiatives Content Grant. Collaborated with BGSU's CTLT and Kent State University’s Libraries and Faculty Development Center. ($343,000)
- University Community Fellowship Award. Department of Higher Education & Student Affairs.
- Formal Commendation from members of the Connecting the Undergraduate Experience Committee.
- Omicron Delta Kappa,
|M.L.S., Kent State University|
|M.A., University of Pittsburgh ‐ French Language and Literature|
|B.A., Youngstown State University ‐ English and French|
Book Chapters (2)
Peer Reviewed Articles (3)
Faculty: An essential resource for reference librarians. Faculty Publications (2001)
Teaching faculty are a key resource for reference librarians. This paper includes a discussion of major forces affecting reference service as well as suggestions on ways for librarians to become better acquainted with teaching faculty. ...
My librarian: Personalized research clinics and the academic library. Faculty Publications (2001)
The current information environment can pose many problems for undergraduate students conducting research. Students can gain valuable assistance through personalized research clinics (PRCs), highly individualized, scheduled consultations with a librarian that focus on a specific ...
Start making sense: Practical approaches to outcomes assessment for libraries Faculty Publications (2000)
Traditionally, libraries attempted to prove their effectiveness by reporting the number of resources the library bought or subscribed to, of instructional sessions taught and of reference questions answered, among other statistics. However, libraries are increasingly ...
Preserving, digitizing, and sustaining The Weekly Challenger, a local African-American newspaper. Faculty Publications (2018)
A local newspaper in Saint Petersburg, Florida, The Weekly Challenger was established in 1967 with the goal of documenting and sharing information about the African-American community at a time when other local news outlets largely ...
Invited Presentations (6)
Refereed Presentations (16)
Assessing a technical competency program for future faculty. Faculty Publications (2004)
Preparing Future Faculty for an academic career in higher education that depends heavily on technology to support teaching and research goals has become a shared task among university support personnel. In an effort to address ...