|2016 - Present||Regional Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs and Campus Dean of the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library, University of South Florida|
Honors and Awards
- Digital Collections: From Projects to Pedagogy and Scholarship. Steering Committee Member & Local Project Coordinator. A collaborative $750,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grant to the Five Colleges of Ohio.
- Next Generation Library. Steering Committee Member & Local Project Coordinator. A collaborative $600,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Grant to the Five Colleges of Ohio.
- Ohio Board of Regents' Technology Initiatives Content Grant. Collaborated with BGSU's CTLT and Kent State University’s Libraries and Faculty Development Center. ($343,000)
- University Community Fellowship Award. Department of Higher Education & Student Affairs.
- Formal Commendation from members of the Connecting the Undergraduate Experience Committee.
- Omicron Delta Kappa,
|M.L.S., Kent State University|
|M.A., University of Pittsburgh ‐ French Language and Literature|
|B.A., Youngstown State University ‐ English and French|
Book Chapters (2)
Leading Change in Academic Libraries Faculty Books (2020)
Institutions of higher education and academic libraries are not the traditional organizations they once were. They are subject to a variety of forces, including shifting and changing populations, technological changes, public demands for affordability and ...
Peer Reviewed Articles (3)
Faculty: An essential resource for reference librarians. USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2001)
Teaching faculty are a key resource for reference librarians. This paper includes a discussion of major forces affecting reference service as well as suggestions on ways for librarians to become better acquainted with teaching faculty. ...
My librarian: Personalized research clinics and the academic library. USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2001)
The current information environment can pose many problems for undergraduate students conducting research. Students can gain valuable assistance through personalized research clinics (PRCs), highly individualized, scheduled consultations with a librarian that focus on a specific ...
Start making sense: Practical approaches to outcomes assessment for libraries USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2000)
Traditionally, libraries attempted to prove their effectiveness by reporting the number of resources the library bought or subscribed to, of instructional sessions taught and of reference questions answered, among other statistics. However, libraries are increasingly ...
Preserving, digitizing, and sustaining The Weekly Challenger, a local African-American newspaper. USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2018)
A local newspaper in Saint Petersburg, Florida, The Weekly Challenger was established in 1967 with the goal of documenting and sharing information about the African-American community at a time when other local news outlets largely ...
Anchoring Change: Using the Kotter Change Management Framework to Analyze & Facilitate Change in Academic Libraries USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2020)
Changes in the higher education landscape are happening more rapidly than ever and require academic libraries to engage with users in new and different ways. Libraries participate in digital scholarship, lead textbook affordability and OER ...