|Present||Assistant Professor, St. Catherine University ‐ School of Humanities, Arts and Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, Department of Applied Economics, University of Minnesota (2016)
- Best Paper Award, Labor and Human Development Theme, Economic Research Forum Annual Conference (2014)
- Lloyd B. Short Award for Best Individual Paper, Humphrey School of Public Affairs (2011)
- Jernberg Public Service Fellow (2009–2011)
- Walter H. Judd International Graduate Fellow (Summer 2010)
|2015||Ph.D., Applied Economics, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities|
|2011||M.P.P., Public Policy, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities ‐ Humphrey School of Public Affairs|
|2007||B.A., Sociology/Anthropology and Classical Languages, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Carleton College|
Inequality of opportunity in higher education in the Middle East and North Africa International Journal of Educational Development (2018)
Struggles with inequality have been prominent in the Middle East and North Africa in the aftermath of the Arab Spring. This paper examines the extent and drivers of inequality of opportunity in attaining higher education ...
Understanding Churn: Predictors of Reentry Among Families Who Leave the Child Care Subsidy Program in Maryland Children and Youth Services Review (2017)
Child care subsidies provide an important work support for low-income families, yet children often receive subsidies for only a short period of time and may cycle on and off the program. Much of the research ...