Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Geological Society of America
- James Shea Award, for Outstanding Contributions in the form of Writing and/or Editing of Earth Science Materials, National Association of Geoscience Teachers
- Rod Rose Outstanding Paper Award, for the manuscript: Strategic Planning for Research Administration, Journal of Research Administration, Society of Research Administration International
- James Lee Wilson Award, for Outstanding Achievement in Sedimentary Geology by a Young Scientist, Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
- Outstanding Paper Award, Journal of Sedimentary Research, for the 1996 manuscript: Facies successions in peritidal carbonate sequences, co-authored with B.H. Wilkinson and N.W. Diedrich
- Editor of the Journal of Geoscience Education, 2001-2008
Quantitative Stratigraphy (16)
Evaluating validity and reliability in high-resolution stratigraphic analysis
International Association of Sedimentologist Special Publication (2008)
The analysis of stratigraphic sections has always been conducted through an integration of quantitative and qualitative observations. Recently techniques have ...
Taphonomic reworking and stratal organization of tempestite deposition: Ordovician Kope ...
Journal of Sedimentary Research (2001)
Tempestite beds of the Ordovician Kope Formation of northern Kentucky provide an interesting subject for numerical simulation and stratigraphic analysis. ...
Carbonate cycle stacking patterns and hierarchies of orbitally forced eustatic ...
Journal of Sedimentary Petrology (1993)
Ordered stacking of meter-scale upward-shallowing cycles, manifested as repeated thickness hierarchies within cratonic carbonate sequences, has been considered primary evidence ...