|January 2013 - Present||Couch Assistant Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Materials Science and Engineering|
|January 2011 - December 2012||Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory|
Dislocation dynamics simulations of plasticity, Atomistic simulation for nano-materials, Finite element modeling of crystal plasticity, Friction stir welding for industrial applications, Exploring fundamental material deformation and strengthening mechanisms, and Improving the understanding of relationship between microstructure and mechanical behaviour
Honors and Awards
- TMS Young Leaders Professional Development Award, 2015
- NSF postdoctoral travel award, "Materials Defects" workshop, UCLA, 2012
- Research Excellence Award, sponsored by Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 2010
- Three “ScienceDirect TOP25 Hottest” Articles & over peer-reviewed 20 journal publications
- 1st place in Interinstitutional Academic Competition sponsored by Tianjin University & Nankai University, China, 2006
- Excellent Master Graduate Thesis Award, sponsored by Tianjin University, China, 2006
- „Rong Zhijian‟ Research Excellence Award, sponsored by Tianjin University, China, 2005
- MET 2125 – Microstructural Development Laboratory
- MET 3120 – Fundamental Behavior of Materials
- MET 215 – Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- MET 218 – Microstructural Development Laboratory
|December 2010||Ph. D. in Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University|
|March 2006||M.S. in Materials Processing Engineering, Tianjin University|
|June 2003||B.S. in Metallic Materials Science and Engineering, Tianjin University|
Materials Science & Engineering
Missouri University of Science and Technology
B37 McNutt Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-0340
Phone: (573) 341-7599
Fax: (573) 341-6934
Research Works (42)
Crystal Plasticity Modeling the Deformation in Nanodomained Heterogenous Structures
Journal of Materials Research (2019)
Nanodomained heterogenous structures characterized by randomly dispersed nanograins (NGs) embedded in the coarser grains (CGs) have demonstrated an exciting potential ...
Deformation of Heterogeneous Nanocrystalline Lamella with a Preexisting Crack
JOM Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (2018)
Molecular dynamics simulations were performed on heterogeneous nanocrystalline Al lamellae composed of nanocrystalline (NC) and single-crystalline (SC) layers to study ...
Interface Dislocation Patterns and Dislocation Nucleation in Face-Centered-Cubic and Body-Centered-Cubic ...
International Journal of Plasticity (2014)
Nanolayered metallic composites exhibit unusual high strength at the layer thickness in nanometers. Plastic deformation including nucleation, glide, and transmission ...
Modeling Interface-Dominated Mechanical Behavior of Nanolayered Crystalline Composites
JOM Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (2014)
Interface-dominated nanolayered crystalline composites exhibit extraordinary strength and hardness, far beyond those of their constituent materials. Modeling the deformation of ...
An Analytical Model for the Critical Shell Thickness in Core ...
Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids (2013)
Employing crystal plasticity theory and micromechanics inclusion theory, we developed a full-strain relaxation model under isotropic assumption of materials properties ...