|Present||Assistant Professor, East Tennessee State University|
Honors and Awards
- 2003 - 3rd place, Student Poster Competition, Nebraska Psychological Association Spring Conference
- Spring 2003 - University of Nebraska at Omaha Graduate Thesis Scholarship
- Summer 2003 - University of Nebraska at Omaha Summer Graduate Scholarship
- Spring 2007 - University of Tennessee Graduate Student Senate Travel Award
- April 2007 - Doctoral Consortium Attendee, 22nd Annual Meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Spring 2009 - Nominated for ASU’s Chancellor’s Council Distinguished Research Award
- June 2009 - Organizational Behavior Teaching Conference Scholarship
- November 2009 - Southern Management Association Faculty Consortium Travel Grant
- Spring 2010 - RU Foundation Travel Grant
- May 2010 - RU Summer Research Grant
- May 2011 - RU College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences Research Award
- Spring 2011 - Nominated for RU College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences Scholarship Award
- Fall 2012 - RU College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences Multidisciplinary Research Award
- Summer 2014, 2015, 2016 - ETSU College of Business and Technology Summer Research Grant
- Fall 2014, Spring 2015 - ETSU Faculty Technology Leadership (FTL) Program Participant
- 2015 - ETSU College of Business and Technology New Faculty Award
- Management 4570 - Training and Development
- Management 4030 - Current Management Issues
- Business Administration 5230 - Strategic Leadership
|May 2008||PhD, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville|
|August 2004||MA, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|August 2000||BA, Psychology, University of Georgia|
PO Box 70625
Johnson City, TN 37614-1266
Office:128 Sam Wilson Hall
Refereed Journal Articles (11)
Time To Change the Bathwater: Correcting Misconceptions About Performance Ratings
Industrial and Organizational Psychology (2016)
Recent commentary has suggested that performance management (PM) is fundamentally “broken,” with negative feelings from managers and employees toward the ...
The Smart Leader: Examining the Relationship Between Intelligence and Leader ...
Leadership & Organization Development Journal (2014)
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to examine the relationship between intelligence and behavior during leader development. Design/methodology/approach: As ...
Edited Books, Book Chapters, & Published Proceedings (6)
Contribution to Book
Selection for Training: The Forgotten Employment Decision?
Work and Quality of Life: Ethical Practices in Organizations (2012)
Excerpt: Training selection decisions are employment decisions that have important implications for influencing the career advancement outcomes for employees.