|Present||Associate Professor of ESL, Butler University|
|Director, Butler University ‐ Master's in Effective Teaching and Leadership Program|
|Director, Butler University ‐ International Baccalaureate Program|
Honors and Awards
- Kandel-Cisco, B. (2016). Butler University Center for Global Education. Scouting Grant for Faculty-led Program Abroad in the Dominican Republic ($4000 awarded).
- Kandel-Cisco, B., Adams, S., & Mutraw, M. (2015). Desmond Tutu Center Fellowship Program ($4500 awarded) Welcoming New Neighbors, Finding Brothers and Sisters.
- Oliver, B., & Kandel-Cisco, B. (2014). Founder’s Day Course Development Grant ($1000 awarded).
- Kandel-Cisco, B. (2013). Butler University Travel to present grant ($590 awarded). Investigating Vocabulary with Middle Grades English Learners.
- DeRyke, M., Kandel-Cisco, B., Mills, C., Parson, A., & Valvo, P. (2012). Safe Routes Infrastructure Grant for IPS #84 and Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School. ($250,000 awarded).
- Kandel-Cisco, B. (2010). Butler University BAC Faculty Research Grant ($5,000). Reframing English Language Learners’ Reading in English: What Strategies and Miscues Reveal.
- PWB 162: Walking, Wagging, and Wellness
- ED 700: Thesis
- ED 600: Independent Study
- ED 569: Issues, Problems, and Trends in American Education
- ED 534: Research and Policy with English Language Learners
- ED 504: Curriculum Theory
- ED 503-63: Professional Learning in a Global Context
- ED 503-62: Assessment in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program
- ED 503-61: Teaching and Learning in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program
- ED 503-60: Curriculum Processes in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program
- ED 498: Methods for Teaching Multilingual Learners
- ED 398: Multilingual Learners and Their Cultural Contexts
- ED 467: Practicum in Teaching English as a New Language
- ED 112: Introduction to the Profession of Teaching
Book Chapters (3)
Contribution to Book
Transformative Leadership: An Asset-Based Approach to Leadership for Diverse Schools ...
Diversity in the Education: An Integrated Framework beyond Chalk & Talk (2013)
Traditionally, school leadership has been viewed as emanating from a sole source, the school administrator. This top-down perspective suggests that ...
Contribution to Book
Using a Resiliency Perspective to Inform Bilingual Teachers’ Classroom Inquiry
Current Issues and Best Practice in Bilingual and ESL Education (2008)
Recent research has established the importance of teacher quality in the academic success or failure of students (Darling-Hammond, 2000; Sanders, ...