|Present||Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering|
Honors and Awards
- Honorary membership in Alpha Epsilon, Agricultural Engineering Honor Society (2015)
- ISU College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Mid-Career Achievement in Research Award (2013)
- ASABE Honorable Mention Paper Award for Transactions of the ASABE (2011)
- ISU College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Outstanding Achievement in International Agriculture Award (2011)
- ISU Louis Thompson Distinguished Undergraduate Teacher Award (2010)
- Fulbright Scholarship Grant for Research and Lecturing at the Universidade Federal de Viçosa, Viçosa, Minas Gerais, Brasil (2009)
- ISU College of Engineering Superior Engineering Teacher Award (2008)
- ABE/CE/EE 388 Sustainable Engineering and International Development
- ABE 403/503 Modeling and Controls for Agricultural Systems
- TSM 337 Fluid Power Systems Technology
- ABE/ME 413 Fluid Power Engineering
|1995 ‐ 1999||PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ‐ Agricultural Engineering|
|1991 ‐ 1994||MS, South Dakota State University ‐ Electrical Engineering Department|
|1985 ‐ 1989||BS, South Dakota State University ‐ Electrical Engineering Department|
Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering Department
Iowa State University
2325 Elings Hall
Ames, Iowa 50011
Journal Articles (23)
Real-time Simulation of Dynamic Vehicle Models using a High-performance Reconfigurable ...
Procedia Computer Science (2012)
A purely software-based approach for Real-Time Simulation (RTS) may have difficulties in meeting real-time constraints for complex physical model simulations. ...
Continuous Engineering Course Improvement through Synergistic use of Multiple Assessment
International Journal of Engineering Education (2005)
During two terms of a fluid power engineering course, four formative and summative course assessments, weekly e-mail feedback journals, midterm ...
Professional Society Conference Papers (44)
A Bayesian-Influence Model for Error Probability Analysis of Combine Operations ...
Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting (2016)
Harvesting is one of the most important agricultural operations because it captures the value from the entire cropping season. In ...