About Brian G. Kennelly
Brian Kennelly is Chief Reader (2016-2020) for the Advanced Placement French Language and Culture examination and Professor of French in Cal Poly's Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
[Updated: 1 July 2016]
Honors and Awards
- Cal Poly Faculty of the Year Award, Connections Learning Community, 2013
- San Luis Obispo Community Foundation Growing Together Fund Community Action Grant, 2013
- Modern Language Association Bibliography Fellowship, 2008-11
- Teaching Transformation Fellowship (Webster University), 2005
- Wilma and Roswell Messing, Jr., Faculty Award (Webster University), 2005
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award (Webster University), 2003
Refereed Articles (16)
Beauty in Bastardy? Breytenbach on Afrikaans and the Afrikaners
PORTAL: Journal of Multidisciplinary International Studies (2005)
Throughout the twentieth century activists in South Africa for the Afrikaans language struggled with, yet never resolved, the language/people, Afrikaans/Afrikaner ...