|2015 - Present||Affiliate, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|2013 - Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Public Health, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of|
|Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Policy and Community Health, Department of|
Honors and Awards
- 3rd National Best Student in the West African Examination Council’s Senior SecondaryCertificate Examination (2003)
- Recipient, University Merit Scholar (Undergraduate), University of Washington (2006‐2008)
- Dean’s List, University of Washington, Seattle (2006‐2008)
- Howard Hughes Memorial Institute Undergraduate Research Intern 2007 at theDepartment of Biology, University of Washington
- Member, Golden Key Honors Society, University of Washington (2007–present)
- Member, UNMC Graduate Student Association (2009–present)
- Recipient of Travel Stipend to Denver, Colorado for American Public Health Association AnnualConference (2010)
- Recipient of Travel Stipend to Washington, DC for American Public Health Association AnnualConference (2011)
- Recipient, Best PhD Student Poster, UNMC, CoPH Student Research Conference (2011)
- Recipient, Public Health Policy/Practice Student Assembly Award, American Public HealthAssociation (APHA) Annual Meeting, Washington, DC (2011)
- Recipient of Travel Stipend to San Francisco, CA for American Public Health AssociationAnnual Conference (2012)
- Recipient, Caruth Wagner Scholar in Public Health (2012)
- Recipient, Faculty Award of Excellence in Scholarship, Georgia Southern University (2015-2016)
- Recipient, Excellence in Research and/or Creative Scholarly Pursuit Award, Georgia Southern University (2017-2018)
- Population Health
- Health Organization Communication
- Directed Individual Study (Health Services Research Methods)
- Directed Individual Study (Capstone)
- Health Policy and Management (Introductory Course)
- Directed Individual Study (Health Organization Theory, Behavior and Management)
|2013||Ph.D. in Health Services Research Administration and Policy, University of Nebraska Medical Center|
|2008||B.S. in Neurobiology, University of Washington|
|2008||B.S. in Individualized Studies (Public Health Emphasis), University of Washington|
P.O. Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-2674
Office: Hendricks Hall, Room 2010
Peer-Reviewed Publications (33)
Disparities in Emergency Department Wait Time Among Patients with Mental ...
Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research (2018)
This study examined disparities in emergency department (ED) wait time for patients with mental health and substance-related disorders (PwMHSDs), using ...
Operational and Financial Performance of Georgia’s Critical Access Hospitals
Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association (2017)
Background: Georgia’s Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) face increasingly complex threats to financial sustainability, as demonstrated by the disproportionally high number ...
Role of Capsaicin-Sensitive Peripheral Sensory Neurons in Anorexic Responses to ...
American Journal of Physiology: Endocrinology and Metabolism (2014)
Cholecystokinin (CCK)-induced suppression of feeding is mediated by vagal sensory neurons that are destroyed by the neurotoxin capsaicin (CAP). Here ...