|August 2021 - Present||Associate Professor, Sacred Heart University ‐ Health Science|
|August 2021 - Present||Director of Research Education and Consultation, Sacred Heart University|
|September 2017 - August 2021||Associate Professor, Sacred Heart University ‐ School of Social Work|
|July 2016 - June 2019||MSW Program Director, Sacred Heart University ‐ Department of Social Work|
|July 2013 - June 2019||Chair, Sacred Heart University ‐ Department of Social Work|
|August 2010 - August 2017||Assistant Professor, Sacred Heart University ‐ Department of Social Work|
|July 2013 - June 2016||BSW Program Director, Sacred Heart University ‐ Department of Social Work|
|2009 - 2010||Adjunct Professor, Sacred Heart University|
|2004 - 2010||Adjunct Professor, Fordham University|
|2022 - Present||Public Health Scholarship Program to Strengthen the Emergency Preparedness Workforce|
|Colleague(s): C. Gunther, S. Pendley, J. Vernarelli|
|2022 - Present||Virtual Global Immersion Project: Bringing Global Experiences to the Classroom|
|Davis Educational Foundation|
|Colleague(s): Christina Gunther|
|2021 - Present||Making IMPACTS – Integrating Mental Health into Primary Care: Training for Social Work|
|U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration - HRSA-21-089|
|HRSA BHWET Grant|
|Role: Co-Investigator with School of Social Work select faculty|
Honors and Awards
- Sage/CSWE Innovative Teaching Award Recipient 2015
- The Dr. Marian Calabrese Outstanding Faculty Award, Campus Life Leadership Awards, Sacred Heart University, May 2013
- Faculty Excellence Award, University College, Sacred Heart University, May 2012
- Co-Chair and Council Member of the Council on Racial, Ethnic, and Cultural Diversity (Council on Social Work Education's Commission for Diversity and Social & Economic Justice), July 2012 to June 2017
- Honorary Member, Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
- Tenure & Promotion, 2017
- Faculty Fellow of Global Health Curricular Integration, 2020-
- Sacred Heart University Faculty Global Engagement Award, 2020
- Committee on Environmental Justice, CSWE, 2020-present
- Council on Social Work Education Commission on Diversity and Social and Economic Justice, 2019-present
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health, Sub-committee on Masters and Undergraduate Degrees in Global Health, 2019-present
|2007 - 2012||Ph.D. Social Work, Fordham University|
|1992 - 1996||Master of Social Work (M.S.W.), Clinical and Research, Fordham University|
|1982 - 1986||BS Computer Science, Western Michigan University|
Science Ctr of Academic Bldg SC*124N
Recent Works (1)
SHU Professor’s New Social Work Textbook is First of ...
Sacred Heart University News Listing (2022)
Sacred Heart University Professor Bronwyn Cross-Denny's recently published textbook, Integrated Social Work Practice: Bridging Micro, Mezzo, and Macro Level Practice, presents vital ...
Contribution to Book
Framing eHealth design on Critical Race Theory to mitigate barriers ...
Instructional design exemplars in eHealth and mHealth education interventions (2022)
The importance of telehealth applications reached a critical nature during the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020. Telehealth allowed for a continuum ...
Giving Economically Disadvantaged, Minority Food Pantry Patrons' a Voice: Implications ...
School of Social Work Faculty Publications (2016)
This study provides economically disadvantaged, minority food pantry patrons (hereafter, patrons) a meaning-ful voice by examining their experiences trying to ...