About Bronwyn Cross-Denny
Clinical Expertise: Practice with families, children, adolescents, adults, and couples with a variety of issues including mental health, grief/loss, trauma, family issues, parenting, and addiction. Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Connecticut, 1999 to the present.
Editorial Board Member: Research on Social Work Practice, Sage Publications, 2015-2018
Consulting Editor: Advances in Social Work, Social Work Education: An International Journal, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Sage Publications
|September 2010 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor & MSW Program Director/ Chair, Sacred Heart University ‐ Social Work|
|2004 ‐ 2010||Adjunct Faculty Member, Fordham University|
Honors and Awards
- Sage/CSWE Innovative Teaching Award Recipient 2015
- The Dr. Marian Calabrese Outstanding Faculty Award, Campus Life Leadership Awards, Sacred Heart University, May 2013
- Faculty Excellence Award, University College, Sacred Heart University, May 2012
- Co-Chair and Council Member of the Council on Racial, Ethnic, and Cultural Diversity (Council on Social Work Education's Commission for Diversity and Social & Economic Justice), July 2012 to June 2017
- Honorary Member, Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
- University Research and Creativity Grant, AY 2016-17
|2007 ‐ 2012||Ph.D. Social Work, Fordham University|
|1992 ‐ 1996||Master of Social Work (M.S.W.), Mental Health, Fordham University|
Academic Bldg HC 219
Attitudes and Perceived Barriers of Police Officers Regarding the Lethality ...
Criminal Justice Faculty Publications (2016)
This exploratory, qualitative research study examined the attitudes and barriers police officers identified in successful implementation of the Lethality Assessment ...
Presentations (Selected) (7)
Making Research Accessible: Reducing Research Anxiety While Developing Competence
SAGE/CSWE 2015 Award for Innovative Teaching in Social Work Education Workshop (2015)
This teaching workshop will focus on strategies to make research more accessible to the social work student in order to ...