|September 2017 - Present||Associate Professor & MSW Program Director/ Chair, Sacred Heart University ‐ Department of Social Work|
|September 2010 - 2017||Assistant Professor & MSW Program Director/ Chair, Sacred Heart University ‐ Department of Social Work|
|2004 - 2010||Adjunct Faculty Member, Fordham University|
Honors and Awards
- Sage/CSWE Innovative Teaching Award Recipient 2015
- The Dr. Marian Calabrese Outstanding Faculty Award, Campus Life Leadership Awards, Sacred Heart University, May 2013
- Faculty Excellence Award, University College, Sacred Heart University, May 2012
- Co-Chair and Council Member of the Council on Racial, Ethnic, and Cultural Diversity (Council on Social Work Education's Commission for Diversity and Social & Economic Justice), July 2012 to June 2017
- Honorary Member, Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
- Tenure & Promotion, 2017
- Supervised Research Practicum
- Social Work Research Methods
- Senior Practicum & Seminar
- Junior Practicum & Seminar
- Pre-Practicum Seminar
- Social Work Practice I
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment I & II
- Human Diversity and Social Justice in Nicaragua
- Human Diversity and Social Justice
- Introduction to Social Work
|2007 - 2012||Ph.D. Social Work, Fordham University|
|1992 - 1996||Master of Social Work (M.S.W.), Mental Health, Fordham University|
Department of Social Work
Roncalli Hall 217
College of Arts and Sciences
Lethality Assessment Protocol: Police Perceptions of a Domestic Violence Intervention
Criminal Justice Faculty Publications (2017)
This exploratory, qualitative research study examined the attitudes and barriers police officers identified in successful implementation of the lethality assessment ...
Giving Economically Disadvantaged, Minority Food Pantry Patrons' a Voice: Implications ...
Social Work Faculty Publications (2016)
This study provides economically disadvantaged, minority food pantry patrons (hereafter, patrons) a meaning-ful voice by examining their experiences trying to ...
Presentations (Selected) (6)
Working toward Social Justice through Education and Dialogue: Developing Skill ...
Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018 (2018)
In our current global climate, numerous areas of human diversity exist and can cause tension and issues across and within ...
Making Research Accessible: Reducing Research Anxiety While Developing Competence
SAGE/CSWE 2015 Award for Innovative Teaching in Social Work Education Workshop (2015)
This teaching workshop will focus on strategies to make research more accessible to the social work student in order to ...