|Present||Assistant Professor, Western Kentucky University ‐ Department of Philosophy & Religion|
Honors and Awards
- Faculty Recipient of the University Teaching Award, Western Kentucky University (2016)
- National Endowment for the Humanities "Enduring Questions" grant to develop "Why Are Bad People Bad?" (2013-2015)
- William J. Fulbright Foundation Research Grant -Research project in the philosophy of social gerontology: Intergenerational Perspectives of Aging, Republic of Ecuador (2002-2003)
- Enduring Questions: The Good and the Beautiful
- Plato and Aristotle
- Medieval Philosophy
- Skeptics, Stoics, and Epicureans
- Why Are Bad People Bad?
- Free Will and Moral Responsibility
- Philosophical Writing Workshop
Book Reviews (4)
“The Question of Natural Rights in Aristotle and the “Necessary ...
Proceedings of the Kent State University May 4th Philosophy Graduate Student Conference (2005)
While the idea of attributing a natural rights component to Aristotle's philosophy is indeed anachronistic, it is not entirely futile. ...