Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Teaching, Department of Kinesiology, Health Promotion, and Recreation,University of North Texas (2007-2008)
- Outstanding Professor, Delta Zeta, Delta Xi Chapter,University of Northern Colorado (Fall 2008)
- National Chapter Recognition Award, University of Northern Colorado ESG Chapter, Eta Sigma Gamma (2008-2009)
- College Teaching Award-Nominated, College of Health & Human Sciences, Georgia Southern University (2011-2012)
- College Teaching Award-Nominated, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University (2014-2015)
- College Excellence in Teaching Award, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University (2015-2016)
- Rural Community Health Issues (COHE 7237)
- Community-Based Research Methods (PUBH 9132)
- Program Planning II (PUBH 4133)
- Program Planning I (HLTH 4132)
- Modifying Health Behaviors (HLTH 3330)
- Community Health (HLTH 3230)
- Multicultural Factors and Social Determinants of Health (HLTH 3128)
- Foundations of Health Education (HLTH 2130)
- Consumer Health (HLTH 3531)
- Honor’s Thesis (HLTH 3111/3112)
- Honor’s Thesis (HLTH 4111/4112)
- Jogging (KINS 1311)
- Introduction to Human Services (HUSR 205)
- Contemporary Issues in Drug Abuse (HUSR 238)
- Community Health Systems (HUSR 299)
- Seminar in Health Behavior (CH 509)
- Health Communication and the Media (CH 405/505)
- Public Health Policy and Administration (CH 625)
- Scientific Foundations of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (CH 560)
|2008||Ph.S. in Health Studies, Community Health, Texas Women's University|
|2003||M.Ed. in Sport Administration/Health Promotion, Northwestern State University, Louisiana|
|2001||B.S. in Exercise Science, Northwestern State University, Louisiana|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Refereed Articles (14)
Becoming the Physical Activity Champion: Empowerment through Social Marketing
Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators (2014)
Physical education teachers can champion their profession through marketing the importance of physical activity to children and families in the ...
Adapting a Community-based Physical Activity Promotion Program for Rural, Diverse ...
The Physical Educator (2014)
With school-aged youth spending less time in physical education, school–community–university partnerships offer potential to promote physical activity among school-aged youth. ...
Book Chapters (1)
Contribution to Book
Using Photovoice with NGO Workers in Sierra Leone: A Case ...
Higher education, emerging technologies, and community partnerships: Concepts, models and applications (2011)
Sierra Leone currently has one of the highest child mortality rates in the world. Among those children who have the ...
Professional Presentations (33)
Using Participatory Action Research to Prepare Teacher Candidates for 21st ...
Society of Health and Physical Educators, Physical Education Teacher Education conference (2015)
Physical education teacher education (PETE) programs must be responsive to the continuously changing contexts of public schools. The experiences of ...