How to Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10 PCHow to Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10 PC (2019)
Windows 10 operating system has been designed in a way to save more power than any average OS. To save energy, it uses the sleep feature that enables your PC to sleep when the device gets no response from the user. It also turns off the display of your desktop or laptop to save the unused energy. If you were searching for how to fix windows 10 randomly going to sleep, then you have landed on the right spot.
Windows has provided a separate section to configure the sleep settings on your computer. The default power-saving setting works for some users, but when it affects the USB ports and hard disk, then it can cause serious problems. If you want to keep the USB ports and hard drive working during the sleep, then read through the article.
Manage How Your Device goes into Sleep Mode
Controlling how your computer goes into sleep mode can be done within the Control Panel. You can tweak the settings of sleep to prevent the system from unexpectedly going into the sleep mode. Here’s how to configure the sleep time and prevent sudden sleep:
Method 1: Check the Power Plan
The first thing everyone should consider is reviewing the current power plan in the Control Panel. Follow the steps mentioned here below to check your power plan:
- Click on the Windows logo button on your PC. It is located on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the Settings icon to enter into settings.
- Head to the Power and Sleep option.
- Now, look at the Sleep time located on the right-side panel.
The Sleep time option should be selected with time for Sleep but not with the Never option. If the time duration is too low, then you can change it from the menu. If the Time is already set to longer duration, then you don’t have to make any changes in this step.
Method 2: Restoring the Power Settings to Default
If you have updated to Windows 10 from an older Windows version such as 8 or 8.1, then the power settings may get messed up. The new operating system generally overwrites your previous power plan, but sometimes it makes issues in power plan settings. Here’s how to restore the power settings on Windows 10:
- Open Settings.
- Head to Power & Sleep.
- Go to Additional Power Settings from Relating Settings.
- Press the Restore Default Settings For This Plan option.
- Now press Yes if asked for confirmation.
Method 3: Choosing a Customised Power Plan
Create a customized power plan according to your preferences to delay the sleep time:
- Go to Settings.
- Open the Power & Sleep option.
- Go to the Related Settings option and then open Additional Power Settings.
- Tap the Change Advanced Power Settings option.
- Configure the settings according to your preferences. You can change the USB timeout and hard disk timeout options.
- Once the settings are configured, press the OK button.
Once you influence the power plan, the computer will focus on it and will fix the lied issues in it. It is a great way to draw the attention of your device to the power plan and sleep patterns.
Method 4: Disable Hybrid Sleep
The Hybrid Sleep feature doesn’t provide any significant benefit to your device. You can turn it off to make sure that it doesn’t cause any problem with the current power plan. Here’s how to do it:
- Head to the Settings of your computer.
- Navigate Power & sleep.
- Click on Related Settings and then choose Additional Power Settings.
- Press on Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Now choose the Sleep option from the Advanced Settings tab.
- Disable the Allow Hybrid Sleep option.
- Choose the Hibernate option and select the Never option in it.
- Press the OK button to experience the changes.
- Reboot the PC once to refresh all settings.
Arya Stark is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding trendmicro.com/activation and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
- trendmicro activation,
Publication DateWinter November 16, 2019
Citation InformationArya Stark. "How to Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10 PC" How to Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10 PC (2019)
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/arya-stark/6/