HOW TO FIX WINDOW 10 “WE CAN’T SIGN IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT” ERRORHOW TO FIX WINDOW 10 “WE CAN’T SIGN IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT” ERROR (2019)
Sometimes Windows 10 shows you an annoying error message that we are unable to Log in to your account. It also gives you a random solution to log out from your account first and then get into your account by signing in. The message also warns you that if you make changes or create any file in this situation, it may get lost.
Here is how to solve this issue with some steps and methods.
Removing Profile Data from Registry
- First of all, sign in to your system as another administrator.
- Now go to the C:\users to c:\ Backup.
- Next, you have to hit the registry editor to launch.
- Then navigate to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.”
- Now search for the folder with ProfileImagePath indicating to c: users. It formally stops in “.back”. Remove the entire file folder.
- After that, you have to reboot your system and then sign in with an activated user account.
Refreshing the Location
- Firstly, click on the “This PC” application.
- Then, you have to perform the right click on the “Documents” tab.
- After that, hit the “Properties” tab and then go to the “Location” option.
- Next, click the “Find Target” option here.
- Now, you have to search the directory in which your desired files or folder located. After getting the desired one, tap it to expand.
- Go to the upper portion of “File Explorer” window.
- Then hit the right side of your directory listing.
- Now, the directory storage location through a text will present on your display which reads: C:\Users\(Your User)\documents.
- Then, you have to take a copy of this path and then shut the File Explorer window.
- After that, you have to navigate just over the buttons and then paste the copied location text in the provided field.
- Next, tap the “Apply” button.
- Finally, restart your system to observe the changes that you have made.
Modifying the Problematic Account’s Passcode
- First of all, you have to sign in through any other admin account.
- Then, you have to tap the “Start” button present on your desktop.
- Now, hit the “type control panel” option and then double-tap the foremost result option.
- After that, you have to navigate to the “Manage user accounts” option.
- Then, you have to modify the password here for that particular account in which the issue is arising.
- Now, Sign out from your existing account and then re-log into your issue, creating an account.
- Here, you have to remember to use your newly created account passcode.
- Check for the display to go back.
- Now launch the Task manager tab and then log out from your account.
- Wait for a while to process the computer to log out from your account completely.
- Then, log in again to see whether the new passcode is properly working or not.
Checking the System’s File
Sometimes, the corrupted files may be the cause of various errors displaying on your PC desktop.
It may also display this error “We can’t sign in to your account”. This feature will help you to scan all the files stored on your system and fix those issues which corrupted your Folder or File.
To fix this issue by scanning the corrupted file by using SFC (System File Checker), you should abide by the following steps:
- First of all, launch the Start button. It is located on your Windows 10 desktop.
- Then enter “cmd” in the search bar.
- Now hit the “Command Prompt” option.
- After that, you have to choose the option that says “Run as Administrator”.
- In the command prompt window, enter the command “sfc/scannow”.
- Then, you have to wait for a bit until the system proceeds the scanning process.
- After that, you have to type the following command “DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth”.
- Now, reboot the system. You will see that your corrupted files are removed.
Installing Latest Win Updates
- First of all, reboot your system.
- After that, tap the restart tab until you see the booting window.
- Then, navigate to the “Troubleshoot” option and hit it.
- Now, click the “Advanced Options” tab.
- Next, hit the “Startup” option and then tap on “Safe Mode.”
- Wait for a little until your system reboots and brings you to the Safe Mode screen.
- When the safe mode screen appears on your system, tap the Win + R keys simultaneously.
- After that, you have to enter the following keyword “Regedit” into the particular search bar.
- Then tap the Enter key and search for the path as written below:
HKEY_LOCAL \ MACHINE\ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ ProfileList”
Go to the right side section and then search for the folder packs with “ProfileImagePath” key.
- Then set the key path to the “Systemprofile”.
- After that, find the “RefCount” path key and double-tap the option.
- Now, you have to modify the value to “1” from the previous “0”.
- Next, save your applied changes and then reboot your system here.
- When the booting finishes, tap the “Settings” to launch.
- After that, hit the option which says “Updates and Security”.
- Then, tap on “Check for updates” option.
- Now, you have to wait for a bit until the process of installing updates completes.
- Finally, reboot your system to save the changes you have made. Now, log in to your account to see whether the issue is removed or not.
Troubleshooting the issue using System Restore
Windows 10 provides various options to recovery like “Reset this PC”, “System Restore”, “Clean Install” and so on.
If you have recently installed the latest software updates to your system and you are facing the issue of not signing to your account, then you may apply this system Restore method.
It will delete the most recently added programs and application to your system’s software and provides you with the earlier well-running device. Follow these steps to know how to troubleshoot this issue through the following steps:
- First of all, you have to hit the “Settings” icon.
- Then go to the “Updates and Security” option.
- After that, tap on the “Recovery” option. It is located inside the left-hand side panel.
- Tap the “Get Started” option present inside the “Reset this PC” section.
- Next, select your file which you wish.
- Now, follow the on-screen steps to know the further procedure.
Arya Stark is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on webroot.com/safe and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Publication DateWinter November 14, 2019
Citation InformationArya Stark. "HOW TO FIX WINDOW 10 “WE CAN’T SIGN IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT” ERROR" HOW TO FIX WINDOW 10 “WE CAN’T SIGN IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT” ERROR (2019)
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/arya-stark/5/