WHATSAPP: STOP AUTOMATIC MEDIA DOWNLOAD AND AVOID ANNOYING GROUPSWHATSAPP: STOP AUTOMATIC MEDIA DOWNLOAD AND AVOID ANNOYING GROUPS (1996)
WhatsApp provides an exciting and easily accessible messaging platform to users all over the globe. People are using this app widely to share their thoughts and views.
It provides its users safe and comfortable messaging feature with sharing options for different media like audio, video, emojis, stickers, animated, clips and so on. Its accessibility functions are widely appreciated for group creation and sending any document or data.
Deactivating Auto Installation of Medias on WhatsApp
It provides the feature to send multiple videos, images, emojis, and so on to reflect their views. Your smartphone needs ample storage space to share and store various media.
But sometimes it becomes a tedious task to remove the downloaded media from your device. In order to solve this issue, we have provided solutions to disable the auto-installation of various media, etc.
Restrict Users from Adding You in Groups
On the other hand, unknown groups and people sometimes add you to their WhatsApp groups. It may be annoying as you sometimes don’t intend to be a part of that particular group.
Here is how to prevent automatic media downloads and other WhatsApp groups from adding you.
Restrict Automatic Media Download on Android Device
- First of all, launch “WhatsApp” on your device.
- Navigate to the upper-right edge of the screen and then hit the menu tab. It will appear as three-dotted icons.
- Now, you have to hit the final option of your “Settings” pane.
- Then, select the option reading “Data and storage usage.”
- After that, disable all the three options appearing on your screen; “When using mobile data,” “When connected on Wi-Fi,” and “When roaming.”
Now, all the unintended media files and folders will not download automatically. If you wish to download any of them, you may download it manually.
Preventing Users From adding you in WhatsApp Groups
If you wish to make the distance with people spreading misinformation in various WhatsApp groups, then you have to restrict those WhatsApp users from adding you. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, hit the “WhatsApp” application to launch it.
- Then you have to tap the menu button present on the upper left edge.
- After that, tap on “Settings,” then hit the “Account” option, and after that, touch the “Privacy” tab.
- Finally, hit the “Groups” tab.
- Now, you will see three various options: Everyone, Nobody, and My Contacts.
- You have to deselect the option reads as “Everyone.”
- After that, select from the two choices as per your requirement.
Arya Stark is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding avast.com/activation and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Publication DateWinter July 16, 1996
Citation InformationArya Stark. "WHATSAPP: STOP AUTOMATIC MEDIA DOWNLOAD AND AVOID ANNOYING GROUPS" WHATSAPP: STOP AUTOMATIC MEDIA DOWNLOAD AND AVOID ANNOYING GROUPS (1996)
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/arya-stark/13/