|Present||Professor Emerita, Department of Fashion Design and Retailing, Framingham State University|
Honors and Awards
- Earned the ATEXINC AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN MARKETABLE TEXTILE DESIGN for my apparel design “Wind Chime,” at the International Textiles and Apparel Association 2011 Juried Design Show in Philadelphia.
- Chosen as one of three invited guest designers by Thailand's Queen Sirikit Institute of Sericulture to create original Thai silk apparel designs for permanent display in their Museum to showcase hand woven Thai silk and to promote the Thai government’s new labeling emblems to authenticate Thai silk. Spring 2010.
- Chosen as one of the six faculty members for inclusion in the first edition of Framingham State University’s publication titled “Faculty Research & Creativity” to showcase the scholarly work of the University faculty. Spring 2010.
- Awarded 3rd place for my original apparel design“Silk Softwear” in the worldwide Queen Sirikit Institute of Sericulture (QSIS) Thai Silk Design Competition. This was a joint competition sponsored by the Sericulture Institute of Thailand and the International Textile and Apparel Association. Awards were presented in Bangkok at the Association of South East Asian Nations Sericulture Conference. My design is now in QSIS’s permanent collection.
- My original apparel designs "Moonglow," "1000 Pieces: Some Assembly Required", "Moonlight Garden," and "Secred Places" were chosen for inclusion in the annual juried International Textile and Apparel Association Design Exhibitions.
- Awarded "BEST OF SHOW" at the International Textile and Apparel Association Design Show for my original suede jacket "Emanations
- "The King Arthur Legends," my medieval and renaissance costumes, were funded by a grant from the Higgins Armory Museum to research, design, and construct a children’s try-on collection of nine historic reproduction costumes based on the legends.
- My original historic costume reproductions were commissioned by the Higgins Museum to complement the armor on display in their galleries and for use by the docents.
- Principles of Apparel Construction
- Flat Pattern Design
- Functional Clothing Design
- Apparel Industry Methods
- Adobe Illustrator
- Apparel Design Portfolio
- Apparel Design Internship