|Present||Litigation Counsel, Steinberg Morton Hope & Israel LLP|
|Present||Sessional Lecturer, University of Toronto|
Law, Civil Procedure, Commercial Law, Comparative and Foreign Law, Conflict of Laws, Contracts, Courts, Criminal Law, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration, Evidence, International Law, International Trade Law, Judges, Jurisdiction, Law and Psychology, Law and Society, Legal Remedies, Litigation, Property Law and Real Estate, and Torts
International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration, U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, 1980 (CISG), Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Business Torts, Civil Litigation, and Adminstrative Law
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell BV Peer Review Rating
- Certified Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Legal Process: Advanced: Diploma in Investigative & Forensic Accounting (DIFA) Capstone Program-, University of Toronto at Mississauga, Ontario
- Conflict of Laws Issues Arising Under the CISG: Third Quadrennial International Conference on Comparative Private International Law, Institute For Private International Law In Africa-University Of Johannesburg, September 9-11, 2009
- "Application of the CISG by Default”, International Law: Convention on Contracts of the International Sale of Goods (CISG)-CLE Program co-sponsored by the CBA Section on International Law and the OBA International Law Section, March 10, 2009, Toronto, Canada
- "International Legal Issues for Today’s Business Lawyer: Challenges and Solutions", Ontario Bar Association 2008 Institute of Continuing Legal Education, February 5, 2008, Toronto, Canada
- International Law - Sea Changes in Canadian Conflict of Laws Practice: An Update: OBA International Law Section Program: May 30, 2007, Toronto, Canada
- "International Breakfast: Cross-border High Anxiety?: Offensive and Defensive Strategies in Transnational Litigation", OBA Annual Institute of Continuing Legal Education-Special Event, February 7, 2007, Toronto, Canada
Steinberg Morton Hope & Israel LLP
Barristers & Solicitors, Trademark Agents
5255 Yonge Street, Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tel: (416) 225-2777
Fax: (416) 225-7112
Recent Private International Law Developments Before the Supreme Court of ...
The Globetrotter, Ontario Bar Association-International Law Section Newsletter, (2009)
A trilogy of interesting cases involving private international law recently wended their way to the Supreme Court of Canada: (1) ...
A Strategic Functionalist Approach to International Commercial Mediation
The ICFAI Journal of Alternative Dispute Resolution (2008)
Mediation in the international context is a relatively recent phenomenon. As an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanism, third-party neutral mediation ...
Contributions to Books (3)
Contribution to Book
"'Winning is Only Half the Battle': Procedural Issues Relating to ...
INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION- CLAIMS AND COUNTERCLAIMS (2009)
This article addresses some potential problems which may arise in the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards under the ...
Contribution to Book
Bringing Locus Into Focus: A Choice-of-Law Methodology for CISG-based Concurrent ...
REVIEW OF THE CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS (CISG) 2004-2005 (2006)
The article discusses choice-of-law theories for both contractual and tort/product liability claims governed by the CISG. The underlying theme is ...