|2000 ‐ Present||Professor, University of Dayton ‐ Department of Electro-Optics and Photonics|
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Faculty Excellence in Teaching Awards – Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education
- 2013 Affiliate Societies Council Outstanding Scientists & Engineers Award – Research category, Dayton, OH
- 2008 Sigma Xi Noland Award for Excellence in Research, University of Dayton
- AFOSR Summer Faculty Fellowship (2001 & 2002) for research at Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB on surface emitting lasers.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Research in Optoelectronics (1997 &1998) - Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada.
- TRIO (Telecommunications Research Institute of Ontario) Internship award (1995-1997).
- Post-Graduate Scholarship, NSERC of Canada (1991-1995)
- Institute for Computer Research Graduate Awards (Univ. of Waterloo, 1991-1992).
- Faculty of Engineering Awards for Academic Excellence (Univ. of Waterloo, 1992-1995)
- Undergraduate Dean's Honors Awards (Univ. of Waterloo, 1986-1991).
- Nano-fabrication (EOP 632/ ECE 682)
- Optical Thin Films (EOP 595)
- Quantum Electronics (EOP 626/ECE 676)
- Integrated Optics (EOP 604/ECE 674)
- Nanophotonics (EOP 631)
- Electro-Optics Laboratory II (EOP 542L)
- Applied Nanotechnology (EGR 411)
- Electrical & Electronic Circuits (EGR 203)
|1997||PhD, University of Waterloo ‐ Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|1994||MA-Sc, University of Waterloo ‐ Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|1991||BA-Sc, University of Waterloo ‐ Electrical & Computer Engineering|
Location: Office: CPC 572A; Lab: SC 037
Phone: 937-229-3190 or 937-229-1037
Short Courses (1)
Invited Lectures (6)
In the News (1)
No Subject Area (1)
Monoclinic Optical Constants, Birefringence, and Dichroism of Slanted Titanium Nanocolumns ...
Applied Physics Letters (2009)
Generalized spectroscopic ellipsometry determines the principal monoclinic optical constants of thin films consisting of slanted titanium nanocolumns deposited by glancing ...