Influence of bedrest or ambulation in the clinical treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis on patient outcomes: a review and synthesis of the literatureMedsurg nursing
NLM Title AbbreviationMedsurg Nurs
AbstractA thorough review of current and classic literature was completed to distinguish the influence of bedrest or ambulation on patient treatment outcomes with confirmed deep vein thrombosis.
- Anticoagulants/therapeutic use,
- Bed Rest/adverse effects/standards/utilization,
- Early Ambulation/adverse effects/standards/utilization,
- Evidence-Based Practice,
- Patient Selection,
- Physician's Practice Patterns,
- Research Design,
- Treatment Outcome,
- United States/epidemiology,
- Venous Thrombosis/diagnosis/epidemiology/therapy
Published Article/Book CitationMedsurg nursing, 18:5 (2009) pp.293-299.
Citation InformationV. Gay, R. Hamilton, S. Heiskell and Amy E.T. Sparks. "Influence of bedrest or ambulation in the clinical treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis on patient outcomes: a review and synthesis of the literature" Medsurg nursing Vol. 18 Iss. 5 (2009) p. 293 - 299 ISSN: 1092-0811
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/amy_sparks/58/