Influence of bedrest or ambulation in the clinical treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis on patient outcomes: a review and synthesis of the literatureMedsurg nursing
NLM Title AbbreviationMedsurg Nurs
A thorough review of current and classic literature was completed to distinguish the influence of bedrest or ambulation on patient treatment outcomes with confirmed deep vein thrombosis.
- Anticoagulants/therapeutic use,
- Bed Rest/adverse effects/standards/utilization,
- Early Ambulation/adverse effects/standards/utilization,
- Evidence-Based Practice,
- Patient Selection,
- Physician's Practice Patterns,
- Research Design,
- Treatment Outcome,
- United States/epidemiology,
- Venous Thrombosis/diagnosis/epidemiology/therapy
Published Article/Book CitationMedsurg nursing, 18:5 (2009) pp.293-299.
Citation InformationV. Gay, R. Hamilton, S. Heiskell and Amy E.T. Sparks. "Influence of bedrest or ambulation in the clinical treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis on patient outcomes: a review and synthesis of the literature" Medsurg nursing Vol. 18 Iss. 5 (2009) p. 293 - 299 ISSN: 1092-0811
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/amy_sparks/58/