|Present||Assistant Professor, Boise State University ‐ Department of Community and Regional Planning|
Honors and Awards
- 2015 - New Scholar Award, Western Social Science Association
- 2007-2010 - Doctoral Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania
- 2008 - Outstanding Planning Merit Award for <em>Design for Health</em>, Minnesota Chapter of the American Planning Association
- DCRP 501/PUBADM 520: Introduction to Community and Regional Planning
- DCRP 540: Housing Policy and Community Development
- DCRP 530: State, Regional, and Community Economic Development
- DCRP 531: Public Private Partnerships and Mixed Enterprise Development
Books and Monographs (2)
Contributions to Books (1)
Contribution to Book
Strategic Planning for Arts, Culture, and Entertainment Districts
How to Do Creative Placemaking: An Action-Oriented Guide to Arts in Community Development (2016)
Art, Cultural, and Entertainment (ACE) districts are an increasingly popular policy tool, marketing strategy, and targeted cultural investment for neighborhoods, ...
White Papers and Research Reports (2)
Arts and Culture Institutions as Urban Anchors: Livingston Case Studies ...
Penn Institute for Urban Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia (2013)
The appeal of many of the country's most successful cities comes from their anchor institutions, geographically rooted entities that offer ...
Minneapolis Zoning Code: Artist Live/Work Recommendations
Master of Urban and Regional Planning Professional Paper, Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota (2006)
In June 2005, the City of Minneapolis approved the Minneapolis Plan for Arts & Culture, led by the direction of ...
Invited Lectures and Presentations (5)
Conference Papers and Presentations (13)
An Alternative Take on Urban Development Partnerships: The Marriage of ...
15th National Conference on Planning History, Society for American City & Regional Planning History (2013)
Property-based arts economic development (PAED) has been advocated as a mechanism for urban revitalization leading public, private, nonprofit, and community ...