Honors and Awards
- Dissertation Research Award, The University of Alabama 2012
- ARE Faculty Excellence Award, Southern New Hampshire University 2014
- First Place Paper-Science Education, Alabama Academy of Sciences 2014
- Top Ten, University-wide Outstanding Dissertation Award, The University of Alabama 2015
- M. Ray Loree Most Outstanding Dissertation Award, The University of Alabama 2015
- Faculty Development Travel Award, Georgia Southern University 2016
- Faculty Development of Instruction Award, Georgia Southern University 2016
- Faculty Research Award, Georgia Southern University 2016
- Student Teaching in the Middle Grades
- Middle Grades Field Experience II
- Enhancing Student Performance
- Middle Grades Science Methods
|2009 ‐ 2013||PhD, University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa|
|2008 ‐ 2009||Ed.S., Jacksonville State University|
|2005 ‐ 2008||M.S.Ed, Jacksonville State University|
|2002 ‐ 2004||B.S., Jacksonville State University|
You may reach me directly via email or by phone at (978) 254-7431
Invited Presentations, Panels, & Plenary Speaking (6)
Exploring Evolution: Acceptance and Rejection in the Southeastern United States
Invited talk for Darwin Day Symposium at the University of Alabama Museum of Natural History (2015)
Evolution has, for more than a century, been a point of great controversy among the general public, primarily in the ...
Interviews & Feature Articles (7)
Invited Moderator: Negotiating the Challenges of Teaching Evolution on Zytch ...
Science Friday Education [Live Panel Discussion/Video Archive] (2015)
On Tuesday, April 28th, 2015, Science Friday hosted a live online web panel to discuss strategies for addressing resistance to evolution ...
Feature Documentary (1)
Refereed Journals (4)
Evolution and Pre-Service Science Teachers: Investigating Acceptance and Rejection
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (2013)
This study utilized three methodological approaches to examine the controversy andconcerns associated with evolution education, taking the examination of acceptance ...