|Present||Associate Professor, Music, St. Catherine University ‐ Music Department|
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program Award. (2016). Host: Museo Pumapungo, Cuenca, Ecuador.
- Collaborative Undergraduate Research Program Award. (2015). St. Catherine University.
- Finalist for Myser Family Excellence in Mentorship Award. (2015).
- Research and Scholarly Work Award. (2015). APDC St. Catherine University.
- Excellence in Teaching and Advising Award. (2012–2013). St. Catherine University.
- Summer Scholars Collaborative Undergraduate Research Program. (2011). St. Catherine University.
- Research and Scholarly Activities Award. (2010). St. Catherine University.
- Curriculum Development Award. (2009). St. Catherine University.
- World Music
- Women and Music: Music in the Twin Cities
- Music and Healing
- Sound and Vision: Music, the Visual Arts, and Politics
- History of Rock
- The Reflective Woman
- History of Western Music
- Protest Music and Social Change
- The Image and Music Monster: Lady Gaga in Context
- Music, Stories, Identity: Crossing Borders, Blending Traditions
|2008||Ph.D., Musicology/Ethnomusicology, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities|
|2003||Master of Arts, Ethnomusicology, University of California, Los Angeles|
|1999||Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Gustavus Adolphus College|