|Present||Associate Professor of Information Systems, Kennesaw State University|
|Present||Executive Director of the BrainLab, Kennesaw State University|
|2017 - Present||Collaborative Research: Modeling for the Enhancement of Learning Chemistry (ModEL-C): Measuring cognitive load & impact of modeling activities across the chemistry curriculum|
|National Science Foundation - 1711425|
|Improving Undergraduate STEM Education (IUSE)|
|Colleague(s): Kimberly Cortes|
Honors and Awards
- Recognized as the Faculty Honoree for the IS Outstanding Senior, May 2014
- Invited to be featured for Women LEAD blog, February 2014
- Invited to be featured for Academic Leadership by Who’s Who in Black Atlanta, January 2014
- Selected as one of 10,000 Google Glass Explorers, July 2013
- Best Reviewer Award by the AIS Special Interest Group for Human-Computer Interaction (SIGHCI), December 2012
- Featured in KSU Global Challenges video series as the expert on Technology, August 2012
- Selected for the Art of Genius Technology Series’ “Women 2 Watch Atlanta” Award, March 2012
- Nominated to apply for Leadership Atlanta’s Class of 2013, December 2011
- Featured in Georgia Trend Magazine’s section on “Research Georgia,” November 2011
- Featured in the inaugural edition of the Women of Color in Computing: The Black Women Edition, Summer 2011
- Featured on the University of Virginia Black Alumni Club of Atlanta’s “We Are History in the Making” web page, February 10, 2011
- Featured article in the KSU Magazine, “Sound Moves,” Fall 2010
- Featured on KSU News Faculty Spotlight, March 2010
- Selected as one of 60 members (out of 320 nominees) for the Leadership Georgia Class of 2010, September 2009
- Featured as the first scholar on the web-based Black Scholars Index, June 22, 2009
- Featured in NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers) Magazine as an "AE (Alumni Extension) Member on the Move," Nov/Dec 2008
- Featured on the front page of the Darlington News & Press, “BrainLab Researcher Hails from Darlington,” July 3, 2008
- Featured in the KSU Coles College Dean’s Newsletter, June 2008
- KSU BrainLab featured in Smart Business Atlanta Magazine, June 2008
- Recognized by the Atlanta Business Chronicle as one of "40 Under 40: Young Professionals on the Rise" featured in October 2007
- Invited to attend Mentoring in Engineering Academia II, Banff International Research Station (BIRS) Workshop in Banff, Canada, July 2007
- Featured as an entrepreneur transforming the future of the world in “Take the Lead,” Entrepreneur Magazine, May 2007
- Selected for a Georgia State University Dissertation Grant Award, 2006-07
- Accepted to Rochester Institute of Technology’s Future Faculty Career Exploration Program (FFCEP), October 2006
- Accepted to North Carolina State University’s Building the Faculty of the Future Program, March 2006
- Accepted to the Georgia Institute of Technology’s FOCUS Fellows Program, 2006
- Recognized in Educational Communications, Inc. The Chancellor’s List, 2005-06
- Accepted to the International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS) Doctoral Consortium, 2004
- Selected as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) Doctoral Scholar, 2003-07
- Accepted to the Richard J. Tapia Diversity in Computing Doctoral Consortium, 2003
- Received a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Honorable Mention, 2003
- Inducted into Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, 1997
- Inducted into the Golden Key National Honor Society, 1997
Michael J. Coles College of Business Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road
Burruss Bldg. 4 Rm. 493
Kennesaw, GA 30144-5591
Journal Articles (16)
Brain Games as a Potential Nonpharmaceutical Alternative for the Treatment ...
Faculty and Research Publications (2012)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is the most commonly diagnosed childhood neurobehavioral disorder, affecting approximately 5.5 million children, of which ...
Individual Characteristics and Their Effect on Predicting Mu Rhythm Modulation
International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction (2011)
Brain-computer interfaces (BCIs) offer users with severe motor disabilities a nonmuscular input channel for communication and control but require that ...
Creating Sustainable Education Projects in Roatan, Honduras Through Continuous Process ...
Contemporary Issues in Education Research (2010)
The investigators worked together with permanent residents of Roatán, Honduras on sustainable initiatives to help improve the island’s troubled educational ...
Conference Proceedings (28)
Traditional SETA No More: Investigating the Intersection Between Cybersecurity and ...
Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2019 (HICSS-52) (2019)
We investigated the role automated behavior plays in contributing to security breaches. Using different forms of phishing, combined with multiple ...