|2015 - Present||Affiliate, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|2015 - Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Engineering & Computing, Allen E. Paulson College of|
|Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of|
Smart Grid Systems, Nano & Micro-Grids, Power Electronics, Electric Machines, Drive Systems, Smart Homes, Distributed Generation, Renewable Energy Systems (Photovoltaic, Wind, …etc), Power Systems, Energy Storage & Conservation, Optimization, Neural Networks, Genetic, Power System Stability, Control Systems, Micro-generators Design, Micro-turbine operation, FACTS, Capacitive Deionization, and Modeling and simulation techniques
Honors and Awards
- Marquis Who's Who in America 2016 (2015)
- Honor Certificate and Recognition with University Medal Suez Canal University, Egypt, in Science Festival (2010)
- Acknowledgment Certificate for The Sweetest Professor of Electrical Engineering Dept. Georgia Southern University: IEEE Student Chapter at Georgia Southern University (2015)
- Honor Certificate and Recognition with University Medal: Suez Canal University, Egypt, in Science Festival (2006)
- The Outstanding Graduate Researcher Award (2004/2005)
- Optimal Power Cables for Smart Grids (TMAE 7891)
- Grid-Connected LI-Ion Battery (TMAE 7895)
- Thesis (TMAE 7999)
- Wind Energy Systems (TMAE 7891)
- Program Design for Engineers (ENGR 1732)
- Introduction to Computer Engineering (ENGR 2332)
- Computing for Engineers (ENGR 1731)
- Transformers & Electrodynamics (EENG 5090)
- Electric Machines (EENG 3241)
- Power Systems Protection (EENG 5242)
- Power Electronics (EENG 5243)
- Smart Grids (EENG 5544)
- Power Systems Fundamentals (EENG 3337)
|2011||Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Zagazig University and Ohio State University|
|2004||M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Zagazig University|
|1999||B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Zagazig University|
PO Box 8045
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478- 2286
Office: IT 1118
Artificial Neural Network (ANN): Smart & Energy Systems Applications
Electrical & Computer Engineering, Department of - Faculty Bookshelf (2014)
Georgia Southern University faculty member Adel El Shahat authored Artificial Neural Network (ANN): Smart & Energy Systems Applications. Book Summary: ...
Chapters in Books (2)
Refereed Journal Articles (47)
Smart Distributed Generation Systems Using Artificial Neural Network-Based Event Classification
IEEE Power and Energy Technology Systems Journal (2018)
Distributed Generation (DG) sources have become an integral part of today’s decentralized power systems. However, current DG systems are mostly ...
Performance Investigation of Three Combined Airfoils Bladed Small Scale Horizontal ...
Journal of Power and Energy Engineering (2017)
The present work is based on the comparative study between “Blade-Element- Momentum” (BEM) analysis and “Computational-Fluid-Dynamics” (CFD) analysis of small-scale ...
High-Speed Permanent-Magnet Generator With Optimized Sizing Based on Particle Swarms ...
International Journal of Modern Engineering (2016)
High-speed, permanent-magnet (HSPM) types of microgenerators play an important role in power generation involving smart grid applications. In this study, ...