|Present||Associate Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Sociology|
Honors and Awards
- Listed in the Marquis Who's Who in America
- Vice Chair, Somali Studies International Congress, 2007–
- Member, General Assembly, Greater Horn Horizon Forum, Djibouti, 2008–
- Tenth Annual Faculty Research Excellence Recognition Award, Oakland University, 2005
- Teaching Excellence Award, Department of Sociology, Oakland University, 2004
- Service Excellence Award, Department of Sociology, Oakland University, 2003
- King-Chavez-Parks Fellowship, Wayne State University, 1994–1998
- Michigan Merit Fellowship, University of Michigan, 1991–1992
220 East Hall
510 Farm House Ln
Ames, IA 50011-1054
Determinants of citizen satisfaction with the police: The effects of ...
Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management (1997)
Empirical findings on the determinants of perceived satisfaction with the police generally have been sparse and inconclusive. More importantly, most ...
Contributions to Books (1)
Contribution to Book
The Role of Shelter in Generating Income Opportunities for Poor ...
Shelter, Women and Development: First and Third World Perspectives (1993)
This discussion of poor women's income opportunities seeks to identify some of the salient factors that hinder women from obtaining ...