|Present||Assistant Professor of Management, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s Citation for Research, College of Business Administration, UNO, 2015
- Department of Marketing & Management Faculty Research Award, College of Business Administration, UNO, 2015
- Best Paper, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Track, Southern Management Association Meeting, 2015
- Highly Commended Paper Emerald Literati Award, Journal of Management History and Emerald Publishing, 2015
- Distinguished Paper, Business Policy and Strategy Division, Academy of Management Meeting, August, 2014
- MGMT 4480 - Corporate and Business Strategy
- BSAD 8000: Business Ethics
- BSAD 8800: Policy, Planning, and Strategy
- BSAD 8070: Essential Leadership Skills
|2014||Ph.D., Business/Management, - Strategy and Entrepreneurship, University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
|2010||M.B.A., Concentration: International Business, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|2006||B.S., Business Administration, Major: Marketing, University of Nebraska at Omaha|
Select Journal Articles (9)
Identity Discovery and Verification in Artist- Entrepreneurs: An Active Learning ...
Organization Management Journal (2017)
Entrepreneurship curricula are becoming increasingly more interdisciplinary, with higher education institutions offering a variety of “entrepreneurship and” courses that cross ...
Corporate Governance in Microfinance Institutions: Board Composition and the Ability ...
Corporate Governance (2014)
Manuscript Type: Empirical Research Question/Issue: We utilize institutional theory to examine corporate governance in microfinance institutions (MFIs). Many MFIs operate ...
Resource Security: Competition for Global Resources, Strategic Intent, and Governments ...
Journal of International Business Studies (2014)
We develop a resource security perspective by examining the resources that multinational firms acquire when investing abroad. Firms can acquire ...
Encouraging Entrepreneurship: Microfinance, Knowledge Support, and the Costs of Operating ...
Thunderbird International Business Review (2013)
This study focuses on the supplemented strategies of microfinance institutions (MFIs), in which the MFI offers nonfinancial services, such as ...
Select Book Chapters (1)
Contribution to Book
Creating Cultural Capital: Cultural Entrepreneurship in Theory, Pedagogy and Practice
Faculty Books and Monographs (2015)
Editor: Olaf Kuhlke, Annick Schramme, and René Kooyman Chapter, Examining and reconciling identity issues among artist-entrepreneurs, co-authored by A. Erin ...
Select Teaching Cases (1)
Select Conference Papers and Presentations (3)
Away from the top: Exploring strategic leadership in an emergent ...
Marketing and Management Faculty Proceedings & Presentations (2014)
Strategic leadership is essential to organizational viability and success. However, by looking only at the strategic leader of the organization, ...